Please help, computer problem...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Aug 23, 2007.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

My friend just bought a new laptop from newegg and she has had it for about a month. The other day she said she downloaded something and then it started acting weird... So she dropped it off to me today, so i figured id ask you guys to help me figure out what the problem might be...

When the computer is booted, everything goes fine until it goes into the Vista desktop, and then after a few seconds it comes up with a window that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." and then it shows a progress bar, and then all the icons dissappear and then come back...and then the same window comes back up again and it just repeats this until you turn off the computer. Ive tried starting in safe mode with no luck...anyone know what might be the problem, or maybe what i can try to fix it???

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

3. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

4. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

any way to do system restore without going into desktop? cause if it keeps restarting explorer i dont think ill have time to run anything before it restarts itself

5. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

6. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

7. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

You can get to system restore from safe mode.

Hit F8 during bootup.

8. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

yea i finally got into system restore, its reformatting now...lets cross our fingers!

9. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but from my experience, System Restore is a piece of shit that rarely works or does what you want it to do.

10. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

well as far as i can tell it worked, computer is completely restored to factory settings... :dunno:

all the problems the computer was having are gone and its as good as new...lets just hope the problem doesn't come back :hs:

so consider my bubble, unbursted. :o