PLEASE HELP! 99 Grand Prix stock radio probs....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peechka, May 12, 2006.

1. Peechka

Peechka Peaches and Cream

Ok, Ive had this car since new. It was actually my wifes car which I inherited when she got the kid bus (2005 Expedition) anyways, the cars audio system used to be rockin for a stock sysytem, but last year something happened.

I noticed that my rear speakers are out. But whats funny is that on a warm day, when my car gets all hot inside, they work.

Anyone with any sugesstions? The warranty is obviously gone and I dont wanna take the car in for some rediculius rice to get this fixed if I could do it myself.

I checked the connects from the trunk to my rear deck and everything is fine, so the short must be somwhere between the rear deck and the radio unit itself.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

maybe in the radio itself? you could pull the radio and pop the rear speakers (hook up a 9 volt battery to the speaker leads and see if that works) or you could connect a test speaker to the rear output of the radio and test that.

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

for some reason this seems to happen often in grand prix(i've seen it 3 times in the last month or so), the back speaker will be the problem... so replace them. to test... pop trunk, and take a 9v(it's the easiest way on delco speakers) battery to each speaker... if you hear no pop, they're dead.