SRS Please god someone help me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t-t-t-today, Mar 14, 2009.

1. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

I can't stay at home anymore, and at the same time I can't leave.

I can't leave because i'm broke, I have no money, no job, and i'm not going to college or any trade school. The reason i am not going to college or anything is because I have a condition known as Erythrophobia. Erythrophobia (look it up) has destroyed my life and all my confidence. I can't do anything social, and I sure as hell can't function normally when i am around people. I've tried and tried, but i just can't be around people and function like a normal human being.

I can't stay home because my mother is a psycho. She is retarded and fucking crazy. I've gotten into so many physical fights with her I can't stand to even be in the same house as her. I hate her, i want to fucking kill her. She has destroyed my fathers life, and her stupid fuck daughter is now just as fucking crazy as she is. She is always telling me to get the fuck out of the house if I hate her so much. i would leave, but like I said, i have nowhere to go and I can't support myself.

What the fuck should I do? I feel so pinched and I can't do a god damn thing about it. I'm 20 years old, and I feel so behind in life already.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Everybody feels behind in life at your age, except football players, who don't reach that point until they wash out of the college team in their junior year.

Give me a 50-cent definition of WTFobia; I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, it would be a good idea to stop pointing fingers at your family and start pointing them at yourself. They may well all be crazy, and they may have made you crazy, but now you're maintaining your own craziness, and that isn't going to go away unless you fix it yourself.

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

The best advice I can give you is this: challenge yourself.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Erythrophobia = fear of blushing!

This can be overcome but most people are just too lazy.

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

See a psychologist to get over the phobia. Then move on with your life.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Use the house just for sleeping, for the rest of the time go outside and find a job.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

8. Ivan

Ivan New Member

If your phobia is keeping you from finding a job or getting into college, do something about it. NOW.

Do you plan to spend the rest of your life inside your house, until you die? Come on now! Life is too valuable to just waste it like that. See an expert, go outside, whatever to get over your phobia.

Stop complaining about it on an internet forum. If you want a better and normal life, YOU and only YOU can get it. It will require time, do not expect immediate results. But if you do not start working towards it now, later it might be too late.

9. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

do you actually blush, or do you just fear it? start tanning a lot and get brown maybe? or wear coverup/foundation if it will make you feel more confident and get out there

also, what's your biggest dream in life, to go somewhere, do something? just try it once and you will see how great life can be, maybe that can give you motivation.

10. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

this is either brilliant or awful advice. :hsd:

11. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

:werd: I think this might be an avenue for you. You get out of the house, you get paid, you get trained valuable skills, and it's one hell of a way to get rid of your phobia because you'll have no choice.

12. teep

teep New Member

don't join the military as an out. you will hate it.

13. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

you gotta conquer your phobia because like everyone else said, it's just a phobia. people always fear things every day or has certain problems, but one day they just wake up and say fuck it i'm doing whatever i want.

14. seeing a therapist is your best bet. do that. that will help you conquer your phobia, maybe get you on some meds. most insurance will cover this. than try to get a job/go to school/join the military or whatever to try and do something with your life.

but believe me, a psychologist or therapist is your first stop. you may even consider a group therapist for the whole family (if they would go for it.)

one last thing.. .if the police get involved (for the fights or w/e) the courts will order you guys to go to therapists... this may be an alternative if you have no other way to get to one.

15. Two toys

Two toys New Member

be homeless, its not as bad as you think.

16. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

become a vigilante

make crime blush

17. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

If he doesn't have a nervous breakdown, and he makes it through, it's probably the best thing for him in terms of character building and getting over his phobia... and those are just the mental/psychological benefits.

It completely satisfies his goal of moving out, being independent, and getting away from a home life with which he is unhappy.

18. kroneX

kroneX New Member

harden the **** up and get over your phobia. When i was studying as a biologist i was scared of insects. Alas i was stuck on a project with a entomology (study of insects) student and we did a paper on bugs. I said to myself 'fuck it, this is my life and more importantly my future profession! I am going to have to learn to deal with this shit!'

Problem solved, now i actively collect insects as a hobby.

there is no easy way to say this because you are poor so you can't see a therapist but you are just going to need to harden up and take the bullet in this case.

hope my similar case helped

19. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

see a therapist. you have to work on your issues or you will never do anything else. do whatever it takes to get some help. hopefully following some therapy time you can eventually get a job and get an apt with a roommate. staying in a dysfunctional home can make your life far worse than it needs to be. you would do yourself a huge favor to get out by any means.

20. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

There is an entire online community of people suffering from this condition:

go to esfbchannel .com

MANY of the people on that forum have tried therapy to cure their phobia but it doesn't work. I don't just suffer from the fear of blushing. I actually blush almost every time I become the center of attention or talk to pretty girls or something.

The only answer to this blushing problem is a surgical procedure that costs $7500. I don't have that money, I don't have any credit, and as soon as my parents heard how much it costs they told me I need to get real/ it's a scam/ I need to learn to be responsible with money. This is how fucking stupid they are. i have a condition that anchors me down and they think i'm bad with money. I don't have insurance either. i think i'm just going to get a job that offers health insurance and then i will try to get insurance to cover the procedure and then i can go to my local community college.

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

To be perfectly honest...if you have a phobia, the surgery should NOT be even considered as an option. Why? Because it won't change anything. Sure, it might not make you physically blush anymore, but will you still FEEL like you are blushing every time you get anxious?

I'm not trying to knock you for it, but if it's the phobia that is holding you back...it's because in some way, you are letting it hold you back.

Do something about it. Find out what resources you have for low cost or free therapy.

Regarding the situation with your family...the phobia has little to do with it. You can work on improving relations, you just have to put some willpower into it.

I realize that phobias are a real thing, and do have an impact on people's lives, but you come across as REALLY REALLY using it as an excuse/crutch.

22. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I would have to agree with this.

23. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

erythrophobia is a cycle. Actual blushing causes the fear of blushing. It goes:

Blush-Anxiety-Fear of blusing-blush-anxiety-fear of blushing.

What needs to be done is the cycle has to be broken. The surgical procedure will successfully do that. This is very difficult for someone to understand who isn't suffering from this.

24. Daria

Daria New Member

Where do you live?

In Canada, if you have OHIP (which you are given at birth), there should be a mental health facility nearby. For example, I live in Ottawa, and there is the Royal Ottawa here. You can walk in, tell them you have a mental problem that is preventing you from working, and they will set you up with someone to visit that will help you to get where you need to go.

Also, take the advice that someone already posted about using the home to sleep and nothing else. Stay out of there as much as possible, so the negativity doesn't affect you as much. Wear a hood, go to a library, get some books, take them out to a secluded place. Go running. A red face is normal when running :mamoru:

My ideas for getting out of the house might seem pretty lame, but do what you have to to stay out of the house as much as possible. Leave a note for your parents to tell them where you are so they don't freak out at you when you get home.

25. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Not really. My point was this:

Even if you have the surgery, your life won't change. Sure, you may not blush, but you're still going to have all your anxiety and insecurities inside.

After the surgery, will your people skills miraculously change? Nope.
    After the surgery, will you suddenly have a job? Nope
    After the surgery, will your family suddenly respect you? Nope.

Start planning, start practicing your skills, do what you can NOW to improve your situation after you get the surgery.