A&P Please critique...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bdstbtch, Apr 4, 2006.

1. bdstbtch

bdstbtch New Member

So I got my D70s last week and have taken tons of pics. Only a few have come out "decent" and worth posting and getting critiqued. The ones of the dog and a couple of the fish are a bit blurry, but I didn't have a tripod with me, nor was it possible to keep them still long enough for the pic. Please let me know what I need to do to improve these shots...

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any comments welcome. I just want to know what to improve on, what to do different, framing, what parts to focus on, ...you know the drill.

Thanks

2. itsosimpo

itsosimpo Guest

no2 and no5 are my favs from this set. they encapsulate one of those ideal rainy sunday morning quite dramatically....your pets are really awesome photo subjects (and i'm not doubting theyre awesome companions as well). the fishies are too vibrant for this set for me to really engross myself in them. i don't know. maybe i'm just missing the point..?

3. itsosimpo

itsosimpo Guest

oh yeah number 6 is great too

4. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

I think #12 would've came out nicer if you focused on the reflection on the mirror instead of the cat itself. #7 came out nice. The blurry shots I would've deleted (ie 8 , 9)

5. bdstbtch

bdstbtch New Member

I really didn't have a theme or anything. I've just been taking a shitton of pictures trying to learn the camera. These are just ones that I felt were "decent" enough to get feedback on. Thanks for the comments though. I have 4 cats and 1 is VERY cooperative, 1 is semi-cooperative, the other 2, well, as you can see, there aren't any pics of them. :p

6. bdstbtch

bdstbtch New Member

THANKS! That was one thing I've been wondering about...whether to focus on the subject or the reflection. As for 8 & 9, is the framing okay with those? Sorry for the blurryness too, I can never tell if it's my eyes or if it really is blurry sometimes. :hs:

7. MawcDrums

MawcDrums Active Member

11-13 are my favorites

8. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

the last three of the cat are the best!

9. mojito

mojito New Member

the cats are the best ones because you used better lighting. on camera flash is about the worst lighting there is. aquarium shots rarely turn out well.

natual light ftw

10. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

I've never tried a circular polarizer with an aquarium... I'd be curious how that would turn out.

11. bdstbtch

bdstbtch New Member

All the fish ones were taken with no flash and the one's with the cats (except 11) I used the on camera flash. :noes:

12. mojito

mojito New Member

look at 11 though, and copare the lighting, contrast depth and feel of it compared to the other cat and especially to the dog shots.

Lighting is what its all about

13. mojito

mojito New Member

probably wouldn't. They are already incredibly low light shots, and if you take away another 1-2 stops you'd never get a decent shot