Playing PS2 on comp monitor

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brownrice, Dec 6, 2001.

1. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

Has anyone done this w/ the USB ports on the PS2? this may be a stupid question, but does it look better than on a TV?

2. LEJ316

LEJ316 Guest

I play ps2 on my monitor; hell, I play all my game systems on diff computer monitors (Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox). Just get the vga adapter :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Where can i get the vga adapter?

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Guest

I wouldn't really waste your time on playing it on a SVGA monitor... the only video game system to date that has actually been programmed to take advantage of the extra resolution offered by PC monitors is the Dreamcast - THOSE games look awesome... PS2 games won't really look much better on one.......

5. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

Yeah you right! :bigthumb:

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Guest

Word is bond, fellow J.U.N.K.E.R. :big grin:

7. Dr. Smooth

Dr. Smooth dazed and confused

whoa HOW do you do this???

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Guest

Better run to the store while you can still find these, I'm sure they're not going to be around for long... It's called a Dreamcast VGA Adapter, and it'll probably run you around $15-20. (I couldn't ever find the actual *SEGA* brand product, so these prices are based on third-party accessories.)

Basically, all you do is, hook this adapter to the A/V port on the back of your DC, then plug your computer monitor into the adapter. Get ready to cream your pants. Don't take my word for it, go pop in Soul Calibur or Daytona and have a towel ready.

Even cel-shaded games like Jet Grind Radio look awesome on the monitor... It's really beyond words... Try it and see. :)

*Some of the VGA box adapters have additonal plugs on them, (Standard A/V, and S-Video) - you choose which it uses with a small switch.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

PS2 cant do this? Xbox?

And is there a way to play them and take pics? =/

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Guest

My bud has his PS2 hooked up to his computer, but it's through a TV card using S-Video... it looks like crap. There's horizontal lines running through it all the time, and it just looks like it's out of sync. Probably not the best way to do it, but if push comes to shove, it'll work.