Playing football with my buddies feels like playing against kids

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by J.C., Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

While I am no specimen of bodily-perfection. My year of weight training has really payed off in ways I never thought.

All of my friends are in pretty good shape for not working out(since highschool- we're all about 23-26). But, when I played football with them today for the first time in 3 months. I got to see how much in better shape I am. I am not trying to brag. I would say 90% of the guys here are in excellent shape and would experience the same thing. It's just funny. We played football for 3+ hours and by the end of 3 hours they all seemed like zombies. They lost all energy and it was pretty ugly. I could have gone on for 3+ more hours. And I hadn't eaten anything but a Marathon bar and a Gatoraid at 2pm.:ugh:

Them seem scrawny, slow and weak. How can they not be made aware of their physical condition by comparing their energy level with mine? I have not worked out in just over a month too.:hsd:

How can people in general not be aware of the NEED to be physically conditioned? I hope this is not the beginnings of being arrogant. I just don't get people...:hs:

2. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

Because most people are not educated on the subject, or haven't been anything except out of shape. How many parents do you think give a shit if their kids fail PE? A mom is more concerned about her slutty ass daughter looking HOTTT at school than dressing out and making one of the best investments of their life.

3. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

:gtfo:

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

:greddyd:

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

:OP:

6. TZ

TZ Banned

i'd blow you up son...it'd be like sean taylor on a punter

7. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

i went through the same thing..we played tackle ball and in school i was always one of the smallest..shit was scary.. Played with a group of friends like a year ago after working out for about a serious year.. Just an unbelieveable difference in stamina, ability to break tackles, knock fuckers DOWN :big grin:, ETC

sometimes you need shit like that to keep you motivated.

8. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

when I played ball in high school I was a skinny 6ft 152lb wide reciever. Id love to play a game now at 6'2 210lb. Wish I would have known how to eat and lift at 16yrs old.

9. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

Haven't played football with my friends for years. We all have wives...families...etc.

But the last time we did play...it was after not playing for several years. And I had been playing Rugby at college.

It was a laugh riot. I was teeing off on dudes...and they're were all getting pretty pissed. By the end of the game, everybody had their heads on a swivel.

"Hey man...tone it down."

My reply?

"We ain't playing backgammon here."

Needless to say I've grown up a bit since then.

10. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

We still play too, but more than half of the people in our game play football in college at some level. It's pretty competitive.

11. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Threadstarter you aren't being arrogant, but you are now merely more aware of the out of shape slobs that exist around you. The more you learn and train, the more aware you will become. You will begin to judge people based on this fact alone, and rightly so. The way a person treats their body is a direct view into their personalities and their mentalities. Some people call that being arrogant, I call it being an animal.

12. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

...and having strongminded.

13. Layman

Layman New Member

You are a god among men.

:bowdown:

14. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

i visited a couple of my high school buddies. I was disgusted at their malnurished skin and bone phsyique. When i stayed with them their diet consisted of ramyun/wendys/pepsi ( at least 4 cups a day ) and chips.

being a skinny asian is FTL

15. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

word, one of the worst.

16. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Word.. I find myself doing the same quite often..

17. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

Dude i know exactly what you mean. Out of my core group of friends, which totals about 10 guys or so, 3 of us are obviously superior to them physically. it sometimes astounds me how lazy some of my friends are. my ex-roomate for example, that kid will not lift a finger and think he is fine. he won't go to the gym out of pure laziness, i just can't be like that ever

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:golfclap:

19. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

you're "teeing off" on people in a friendly game of football? :ugh2:

i'd tell you to :gtfo:

20. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

These guys had teed off on me for years. They were a bunch of tough guys when we were in HS. And it wasn't like I was the only one hitting hard. I was just the one doing it consistently.

We were probably 21 at the time. I was a kid. I am in my mid 30's now. I don't know if I could even do that with my body anymore.

But to be clear...it was a friendly game of football. Not a friendly game of backgammon.

21. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I'm in much better shape, physical wise than most people I play football with. But I played football the other day, and I'm 30yrs old playing against these whipper snappers and all it takes is a few long bombs and I am winded. My cardio sucks. I just switch and cover the fat dude. If he get's the ball he's toast. Most people run away from my side of the field on defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.