A&P Played with the 40D

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hurleyint1386, Sep 24, 2008.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I was playing around with the 40D today, and I love it. Now it's just a matter of saving up the money for it. Any idea how much it might drop due to the release of the 50D? Right now with the 28-135mm, it's going for about $1139 brand new. Any ideas? I want it baaaaad :naughty:

2. ericande

ericande Active Member

It won't drop much. The 50D isn't really replacing the 40D, it's supposed to be a bit of a step up. 50D kind of fills in a price point too.

3. hurleyint1386

So then I should expect around $1100 still?

Also, someone I talked to said that when I upgrade, I should buy new because a lot of people that upgrade from one of the Digital Rebels to the 40D, they treat it poorly for some reason or another. Anyone agree?

4. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I have given the 40D some thought lately

5. 3-THREE-7

3-THREE-7 New Member

In November when the 5DmkII is released there will be people dumping their 40D'd for the 5D.

6. hurleyint1386

Hmmm, I can't wait that long lol Within 12 hours, I'm $300 closer to the 40D already haha

7. OlafBeserka

OlafBeserka girls pee pee when they see me OT Supporter

I love my 40d. I payed $950 new from BH during canon's spring rebates. This camera will serve as a backup to a 5d eventually

8. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Why not spend few bucks more and get the 50D? Or better yet...you can get a used 5D.

Yesterday I saw two 5D's on sale on Craigslist for $1300...something you should really consider. I know you want it complete with a lens, but you can get 28-90mm brand new for $100 to get you started.

9. hurleyint1386

I don't consider myself a "prosumer" exactly. I love photography and I'm just learning it. There isn't that big of a difference between the 40D and 50D to justify getting it. The 40D is a hell of an upgrade from a 300D. I have a 50mm lens and that's it. The 28-135mm kit lens on the 40D is pretty decent (thousand times better than the 18-55mm). If I could justify the 50D, I would go for it, but I just can't. Maybe when I've got more money. I'll go with the 40D then start to build my lens collection. Maybe in a few years once I see how things are headed, I'll consider a higher end xxD or FF.

10. mojito

mojito New Member

5d + shit lens :barf:

11. hurleyint1386

Kinda like having a Mac Pro hooked up to a 14" black and white CRT.... or a Mac Pro with 64 MB RAM

12. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Would you feel better if i suggested a $2000 lens?

Idiot, your on a tight budget, get a crap lens with 5D to get you going until you can get a better one down the road. How fucking hard is it to comprehend?

Or are you gonna be shooting award winning pictures as soon as you get your hands on your first DSLR and you are afraid the $100 crappy lens might hold you back :hsugh:

13. hurleyint1386

Holy flying fuck. I'm not spending that much money on a fucking body that I will never take advantage of. Why would you ever suggest a 5D to someone who is still learning about photography? :ugh: Are you the fucking idiot? I'm looking for a good body that's not too much, but something that will last for a while. With the amount of money I'll save by getting the 40D instead of a 5D, I could get a decent lens as well. Maybe in the future I'll think about a 5D, but I don't need it right now.

Most people on OTAP can be harsh about certain things, but you're just being a prick.

14. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

this is why i hate OT

15. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Was it so hard to reply like this in post #11? Either way you gonna be spending the same amount of money...used 5D vs new 40D. But if your not confident and you think you cannot handle the 5D, then by all means, get the 40D.

There are many advantages to getting the 5D but sounds like you don't even care, so whatever.

16. hurleyint1386

It's not that I don't care, I just think that at this point in time, the 40D would be the better option for me. Thanks for the input, but I think I'll stick with the 40D.