GUN played with an FN Five Seven today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jago, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

i was able to play around with it a little while today. it felt very nice. wish i could shoot it. :hs:

the dealer wanted $799 for it. he said ammo is very tough to get. he only had one box ship with his last shipment of them. he bought one for himself and kept the box of ammo. that was 3 months ago and he still doesn't want to shoot it since the ammo is so rare. :hs: i took some pics of it with my camera phone but here it is from FN's website.

[​IMG]

he told me there were 8 different cartridges available for it and his distributor showed him one of each. i only see 4 different ones on FN's website. :dunno:

2. Jago

few more pics i found. the pics i took weren't that great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

did you get to dry fire it at all?

4. Jago

yes.

5. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

awesome gun, go's thru vests I think. :o

6. Trouser Trout

Trouser Trout OT Supporter

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

if you read what doc roberts has written, the 5.7 cartridge is SHIT. utter shit. and since he and fackler agree on the matter, and both are medical doctors, and two of the most highly regarded experts in the field of terminal ballistics, i'm inclined to take them at their word.

FN claimed that this round (the first one developed. there have been subsequent ones) would be the new big thing. they showed a bunch of gel tests, and all sorts of crazy stuff. but then when independent testing came out, it turned out that the 5.7 is in reality absolute crap.

in fact, now that i've found it, here's what he posted on www.lightfighter.com -

8. Poonony

Poonony New Member

Hey, It's the gun from CounterStrike!

That's like the best pistol you can get, you get x-treem acuracy and a HUGE clip. . . but that's vidiogame fantasy for you.

9. footratfunkface

the ammo is legal for sale, but no FFL can sell it to a civilian, which is the catch-22. if you can't sell it to civilians, how do they get it? but, if a civilian has it, he can sell it to another civilian. it's not illegal to own.

10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

...? There is some HP ammo out there for it which is civilian legal, although rare. (SS192?). The common LE/Mil load is the SS190 armor piercing, which is obviously illegal for civilian ownership. Can't have those heathen commoners shooting through your bodyarmor. :nono:

11. footratfunkface

yeah, there are non-AP 5.7 rounds. i miscommunicated. i was specifically addressing civilian purchase and possession of the AP 5.7 ammo.

it's not illegal to own or possess. it's illegal for a dealer to sell to a non-dealer. which begs the question: how do civilians get it? don't know. but if they do, through presumably legal ways, it's not illegal to have.

and a dealer can sell any AP ammo to a civilian, so long as there is not a handgun that will fire it. thanks, thompson contender, for ruining everything! if thompson ever comes out with a .30-06 barrel, there goes that.