Play xvid on divx DVD player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wing3draw, Jul 26, 2007.

1. wing3draw

wing3draw New Member

Hi,

I was just wondering if i put all my xvid tv shows on a DVD disc as data, would I be able to watch them on a Divx compatible DVD player for the TV?

Or do i specifically have to convert the xvid avi file to divx avi? Let me know as this would save me a huge hassle of converting my xvid collection all to DVD movie format.

Thanks.

2. mattATX

mattATX OT Supporter

why not just try it and see if it works or not? I know my dvd player can play divx so i just browse through it like a media player and select the video i want to watch. Media is so cheap now you might as well just try it out and if it doesn't work just throw the dvd or cd away.

3. wing3draw

wing3draw New Member

sorry about the confusion. I probably should have mentioned that I do not have a Divx compatible DVD player yet. I am planning on purchasing one for this very reason.

Thats why i wanted to know specifically if i can watch xvid's on a divx dvd player. If in the end i still need to convert the xvids to to divx, then its still an inconvenience to convert them all. Anyways thanks for the quick reply.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

5. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I have been through a couple of the philips players and am currently using a toshiba. All of them have played both divx and xvid.

Definately look into one that will play stuff off a flash drive, way easer than constantly burning discs IMO.