SRS Plans...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by anniex0r, Jan 13, 2006.

1. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

So it's been a recurring thought for years that I might eventually hit a breaking point, I honestly should have saved up more. In fact, now that I'm at that point, I haven't saved up at all... I'll have a little over $2,100 right now if I cancel my auto-payments and don't pay any bills. :sad2:

I wish that'd be enough to get me to Qaanaaq, GL... but that's not likely. I'm thinking I can get to Copenhagen for slightly < $1k (short notice, obviously) and from there to Ilulissat for about the same. I'm sure, by the time I reach Ilulissat, I'll will have either had a gross reality check or I'll be so full of determination that reaching Qaanaaq probably won't even be an issue anymore, in which case, freezing to death ftw.

Oddly enough, the lights in here seem to keep dimming, most likely due to the storm outside. It always seems to storm when I'm upset. It would storm a lot more often when I lived in the highschool; I've been pretty happy recently, though I wish I could backtrack 8-10 months.

I know it sounds a little like a mid-life crisis, but for someone who was physically ill from stress at 10-11 (from asthma to nausea, was even put on medication for stomach ulcers @ 12), I guess maybe it's fitting.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Life is like playing a card game, each card represents a choice, if you put down the cards correctly the outcome can be benefitial for you.

In general we call people who make wrong decisions in life LOSERS.

This is why anniex0r , its more then just important that you make WISE choices in your life

-financially
    -locationwhise
    -educationally
    (everything basically) but those 3 i think the most.

You must FULLY understand that No matter where you move to in the world , happyness comes from 'the inside' and is right here, heaven or hell is a state of mind and not a place/location.

Although an enviroment can heavily contribute to your personal misery/happyness, you have to consult yourself wether it where your actions in life or your location that where to blame for the financial disaster you are in, its something you have to admit and not reject i believe to the fullest that you should seek heaven or knowledge , for i doubt that the tundra will make you happy. Im not sure what you seek in the icey regions, but i assume it must be peace and solitude. May you find what you are looking for.

3. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

Er... yeah. Ok.

I wasn't talking about moving. :hs: I was talking about taking a spontaneous vacation to a location where I might actually have to think about surviving under harsh physical conditions... Like, instead of worrying about all the clutter in my head for a change.

Also, I'm not in a financial disaster. :hsugh: I just can't afford $3k worth of plane tickets to remote locations. :o

Lastly, wtf spelling?

Yeah, this is definitely not the right subforum for me. :hsugh:

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

have you considered simply hiking the smokies? they are near by, and might give you the survival vacation you are looking for.

5. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

Eh, well the idea was "I hate my life, I wouldn't mind dying right now - but preferably in a creative way that might also lead to my preservation." (i.e. freezing to death and then being transferred to a cryogenics place, should friends and family honor my wishes)

I figured if I went to the absolute extreme of flying to Greenland, I'd probably get over my problems pretty quickly, if not from the plane ride alone, then from a cold slap in the face upon my arrival. :hs: I kinda figured it'd turn into me hooking up with some cool inuit folks and realizing that all I really ever needed was an adventure. :mamoru: :hs:

6. Darketernal

What you are doing is supressing the problems, instead of solving them. When you come home from vacation you'll still be facing the same problems that you left. You are on the right forum, i just had the idea that you were thinking of permanently moving i pardon for that.

Anyway instead of avoiding your problems, i suggest you start confronting them. A problem remains to be a problem for all time until you solve it.

Lets go, just forget about the bad start and just write down 'everything' that is bothering you in your current life, and let us have a look at it.

7. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

1. Lack of adventure.
    2. ???

Yeah, I think that's it.

There's nothing terribly wrong with my life. I've just got a lot of bottled up energy and it's making me snappy. I keep getting into arguments because I've got such a bad case of cabin fever. Said arguments make me feel bad.

I feel like I'm hurting people around me because I don't have a release for the tension, that's really all it is. When I lived by myself I either went on crazy road trips or made a lot of art. I don't really have the right kind of space to work on my art right now and I haven't done anything really spontaneous in a while. :hs:

So, no... no real huge problems I'm running from... just running from boredom. :o

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Join the Red Cross or something.

Hell, there's even a nonprofit group here in Hawaii where you spend 5 or 6 days roughing it on Kaho'olawe planting trees, tending the land, and pulling out decades of old munitions from years of military testing. They fly you in on a helicopter, and you're stuck there working the whole week.

There's your "adventure".

I was actually considering on doing that this Summer.

There's always something bud...you just gotta get off the ass to do it.

9. Darketernal

Hit the gym, or play tennis. Loads of sporting activities to get rid of that extra piece of energy you got in yourself :o

10. teo

teo . => ? => !

Or, find a more space-savvy outlet for your art. Surely a sketchbook and a tin of pencils don't take up that much room. Or, get a Wacom PC tablet and go nuts. (Assuming that's the kind of art you like...)

I'm going through the same thing on a smaller scale - I'm saving money so I don't have a lot of spare cash, I live in a tiny 1bdr suite with my SO so there's not a lot of personal space (just my computer desk :o), and I don't do much outside of work so I'm bored. I'm scouring the local university catalogues to see what I can take that will keep me interested - I want to do something that has absolutely nothing to do with my day job, lol.

11. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

I like adventuring at my own control though. :hs:

12. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

Meh. It's not that kind of energy. :hs:

13. anniex0r

anniex0r ×

Yeah, I kinda need like a lot of actual space for what I do. :hs:

I used to live in an ex-highschool, so it was never a problem before. :hs: