I have an old 1Ghz G4 iBook with Panther so I'm not completely new to Macs (this was my first). That's what I'm on right now actually. I have a pretty smacked up tower that I built for Windows and Linux, but it is pretty much dead now. It has four SATA hard drives (2x80GB, 2x320GB). The hdds have been giving out for a while and as of yesterday it seems the last of them has quit and I've about had it with this pos system. I am not overly inclined to invest even more money into upgrading/replacing the hardware. Even before this I was hoping to get a new mactel for a desktop replacement and use bootcamp as needed. I was hoping to wait until early next year though, when Leopard comes out (and when I could better afford it and maybe some hardware upgrades would be out by then too). But now I don't think I'll be able to wait until 2007. I need this resolved soon. I normally would not consider myself having the money for this, but I technically can come up with it, and I'll have to. I'll probably get a 20" iMac. I already have a 20" apple display and I just couldn't downgrade to a smaller screen now. I'm very interested in a mini, but I'm a gamer and don't feel it would cut it for me (though I've heard it does alright in that respect, I'll need something with more power). I'm wondering if I should try to wait a couple more months at least though. I want to see if Apple will do any upgrades to the series. I already got screwed with this iBook. They did all kinds of big updates like a month after I bought it (including a reduced price). I don't want that to happen again. The current iMacs have been out for a while now I think and it seems they might be getting due for a new update in the next few months. I really don't want to wait months, but I don't want to buy at the wrong time again either. Anyone have any insight into this or advice?