SRS Plane Crashed at one of my airports today (25 May 2009)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Eff, May 26, 2009.

1. Eff

Eff New Member

FLICKR ALBUM IS HERE: http://www.flickr.com/photos/f2f4/sets/72157618796120892/

A good friend of mine (who I will not name for privacy reasons) unintentionally crashed a C152 during takeoff. I was standing right on the flightline when this happened. Luckily I did not have to use any of my SABC/medic training.

I AM NOT A PART OF THE FAA/NTSB INVESTIGATION.
    I saw it in person, and from what it looked like he lost directional/attitude control during takeoff. This could be due to any number of reasons. The left wing appeared to stall first. The aircraft impacted the ground at ~30-45* nose down attitude, while rotating (rolling), at speed. I feared he was dead as I ran over, but somehow he emerged in one piece with only minor injuries. Thankfully the aircraft stopped 15 feet short of all the other aircraft on the field, and the wing tanks and fuel shutoff remained intact. Both of these prevented a major fire from breaking out. Only severe leakage was around the engine.
    UNTIL THE INVESTIGATION IS COMPLETE THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AND IS NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY NEWS, FACTUAL, OR HISTORICAL PURPOSE.

The pics show the aftermath. I did not take them immediately afterwards because I ran out with several others to help get him out of there and secure the scene, followed by going to the hospital.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Lumberton...was this at the Flying W?

3. Eff

Eff New Member

yup

4. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Odd I didn't see it in the news. Good to hear your friend got away fine with no major injuries.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

:bowrofl:

yea, I'm sure if he tells his insurance it was wind sheer or some kind of mechanical failure and someone accidentally comes across this ,they'll ignore it because of your disclaimer

6. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

shitttt thats close to me. medford fd was calledin