A&P plane crash pics

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by High_Boost, Feb 19, 2010.

1. High_Boost

High_Boost New Member

today some moron commited suicide by crashing his little plane into a building not far from where I live.. I wanted to take some cool, close wide angle pics, but the cops wouldnt let people near, so I took a few from across the street

this building used to be all black glass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

Nice pics, Dan. I'm coming into town for the weekend tomorrow... I'll hit you up if I get a chance so we can go shooting again. :love:

3. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

Heard about this on the news earlier today, pretty crazy.

4. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

Nice pictures, solid exposure, nice and even. I always tend to have super hot spots when I take night pictures... I am guessing there was extra lighting on the building from the response team?

On a side note... it was an IRS building, coming up on April, not having paid all my taxes on my 1099 gigs, and being in the 33% bracket I am not really a fan of these people... Hope the person who was missing is found, no ill wishers on the workers, but as an organization they are mafia-ess in nature.

Did you do any post on them?

5. High_Boost

High_Boost New Member

a little bit - I shot them a tad overexposed, and brought it down about ~1/3 and I added a bit of contrast (I usually shoot with my contrast set really low, because I think it makes people look weird and I am usually shooting my son), I also changed the WB from auto to tungsten, it looked really yellow in the original

and yes, the building was fairly well lit with big floods so the workers could see, especially on the right side.. I dont think it would have come out nearly as clean without the lighting..
    these shots were done ~30 seconds (iso 100) with the added light, so without it I would have needed to up the iso and probably had more hot pixels. I usually get hot pixels at 30 seconds too, but I only saw one in the top right in this series and I cloned it out

6. Section8

Section8 .

Great shots. I'm amazed that only 2 people were killed.