SRS Places to sleep in Bay Area for free?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pen Is Mightier, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I have enough money to pay for food but I was just told to leave my house and basically not come back. Are there websites/places to go to for free housing? I'm calling my boyfriend now to stay at his house but I don't think his parents will approve...might call just a friend too but who knows...most families don't want some fucked up kid. I'm 19 if that changes anything...not a child, an adult. Fire Departments? Any local places or anything? I'm South Bay in San Jose. I'll check this later from a McDonald's WiFi. Thank you. Please no rude comments, I'm already embarassed as it is enough posting this.

2. blackrat

blackrat OT Supporter

shelters for one. how long you think you are going to be doing this?

3. A week tops. I can live somewhere at school for $80/month I cant find any shelters online...I have to leave now though, I'll check this later at McD's. Car full of gas, packed the clothes I want, Im good to go. THANKS DAD I LOVE YOU!!!! BASTARD.

4. 1-3 weeks now that I do the math...not sure when my place at school opens up...its not exactly a legitimite place to stay thats why it's so cheap. I had it planend thinking I may get kicked out

5. squid

squid braap

hostels are cheap, but not free. good luck

6. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

good luck :sadwavey:

8. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Are you going to DVC?

9. I'm at McDonald's now. Thank you for that link Diesel66.

I'm 19 is that still considered Youth? I dont really feel like I want to be with "men" as that is a different situation...I just got kicked out of my house. It seems most are free for 30 days so that's good I can save my money for school. I'm pretty close to:

Bill Wilson, 3490 The Alameda, Santa Clara, (408) 243-0222

I'm just sleeping in my car tonight and I'm going to figure it all out tomorrow. All of my friends said I could stay at their place then they asked their parents and they all said no. :hs: Yay for McDonald's...A/C, free water, bathroom, electricity and WiFi.

10. What is that?

Google showed me Diablo Valley College. No I'm not. I don't want to say where I go but it's a California state run 4-year university.

11. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

Can I ask why you got kicked out?

12. They said only customers can be in the "lobby" at night so I bought an ice cream cone. :wiggle: That'll teach them...dollar menu back fired. I'll be here for like 30 more minutes then I'm going to drive to a nicer city to park and sleep...not so nice where I am right now especially at night. It's not illegal to sleep in your car is it? Public property. :dunno: I don't want to get harassed by cops.

13. My Dad hates me because I'm gay. Came out to them two days ago and we got into a fight today...I got my ass kicked and then he told me to leave.

14. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

Sleeping in your car shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you're in a good area. If cops ask, just tell them you're on a long drive and needed to pull over to get some rest.

Good luck to you.

I've been in the same situation. I don't know your circumstances, but in my case, I deserved to get kicked out. So I can't say I blame my parents.

15. Esby

Esby New Member

The worst that would happen (as long as you don't have any warrants, etc) is that you would be made to leave and find another area. Maybe try somewhere like a Walmart parking lot cause they are open 24 hours. You wont look weird being the only car in a closed store's parking lot.

Your situation really sucks... I hope you can get it worked out for yourself soon. :) Good luck.

16. The Bill Wilson Center won't pick up my calls even though they say they're 24/7. Meh I'll drive by it tomorrow and see what it's like. I'm just gonna hang out at my BF's house tomorrow I guess but his parents said I can not stay there over night. It was 100 degrees today at work so hopefully it's not so hot tomorrow.

I just looked up a Wal-Mart in the pussiest town around so I'm gonna head their in a bit. :wiggle:

@bender -- if I may ask, why did you get kicked out?

@SB -- thanks for the tip. I remember Wal-Mart saying they allow people to sleep in the parking lots and not be harassed for it. Thank you for the good luck.

17. never_enough

never_enough New Member

i find it odd that even your friends parents won't let them stay at their place. and if you are 19, how do you not have friends that have their own apartment?

also, you might be mad at your dad, but calling him a bastard is uncalled for. at least your dad is alive.

18. never_enough

never_enough New Member

and good luck finding a place to stay. sorry im not any help.

19. Well a lot of my friends already went off to school so I only had like 4 friends I could call, they all said no. Their parents don't want to deal with it I guess...no sense in making their lives any harder if they don't have to. I can see why they would not want me there. I don't know anyone with their own place...all of my friends went to college so they were just living at home during the summer but then go off to school and most left this week.

20. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

21. Well I'm gonna leave now...I'll check back here tomorrow morning...

Sleeping in my should be fun. :ugh: Oh well better than the pavement. I wish I had something to block the windows though...the thought of someone looking at me in my car sleeping is rather unsettling.

22. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

That was a long time ago and like I said, I deserved it. It made me a better person.

Your situation is a lot different tho.

23. Thats what I assumed. I just threw away all of my illegal stuff in case cops roll up on me. No sense in getting in trouble.

24. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

I did go back home tho. So hopefully your dad will eventually let you back as well.

25. lol maybe he will, he said never come back but hopefully that was just his anger speaking.

Peace n Love.

Im out.