GUN Placed an order earlier

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cannondale, May 5, 2007.

1. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

So I have a Yugo SKS. I love the thing, it is a very reliable gun, and very rugged. I shot my one and only deer with it, so it has proven itself.

However, I HATE the factory sights. I bought a scoutescopes mount, and tried to find a cheap scope that would put up with the recoil, with no luck. There have been many optics returned, and sold.

I thought I had lost out, which sucked, because I love the operation of the rifle, and how inexpensive it is to shoot. Well I think I have finally found the answer.

The William's Firesights.

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/rifle1.htm

It consists of a light-gathering front neon sight, and a peep rear aperture. I heard about this set when I got the rifle, and never looked into it. I decided to order the set this evening. They came out to $48 and change shipped ground from Cheaperthandirt.com.

I also found a review on surplusrifle.com (a great site I am sure everyone on here is aware of).

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/wgsfiresight/index.asp

Later next week, there will be a range report I hope.

They also offer them for other guns, including the Ruger 10/22, which I know quite a few people on here have, although the factory Ruger sights are much easier to use.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. t1h

t1h Guest

:cool: i like that sight. keep us updated, since i may be getting a yugo sks soon

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

They arived this afternoon, as soon as I am home I'm going to install them, and a range report will follow in the next few days.

4. t1h

t1h Guest

5. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Installed, hopefully I can fire some rounds at the range soon.

6. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Oh man. I went to the range today, and shot the SKS. These things work so well. at 25 yards, I was able to group at about the size of a quarter. After I got them sighted in, I shot about 60 rounds. I would show you the sheet, but the cheap-ass wooden clips they use to secure the targets to the track, let my target fall on the ground 25 yards out while I was bringing it back. Oh well.

7. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

I have a similar Williams' sight on my 30-30, but I didnt get it buy with the Firesight front sight included b/c I felt if I had to spend $80+ I should just look at a scope.

Glad to hear its working well for you. I've been so busy with school I havent gotten a chance to shoot with mine yet.