GUN Pizza delivery guy kills robber

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 14, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pizza delivery man shot, killed attacker
    WJRT ABC12

FLINT (WJRT) - (05/11/07)--The Genesee County prosecutor says there will be no charges against a pizza delivery man who shot and killed a man who attacked him.
    Governor Jennifer Granholm last year signed into law a new self-defense bill. "It used to be that if there was a way that you could escape from a situation...even if somebody came into your house and you could escape, you were supposed to try to do that. Now, the Supreme Court came down and said, if your life is in danger, imminent danger, you know, you could shoot and shoot to kill," said Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell.

Prosecutor David Leyton says the delivery man shot someone who tried to rob him in 2000. That person survived.

The latest incident happened at 10 p.m. Wednesday night at the intersection of Hammerberg Road and Stoney Brook Court on Flint's southwest side.

Police say the driver tried to get out to make a delivery when one of the robbers hit him in the back of the head with a wrench.

The delivery man recovered enough to grab his gun and fired several shots, hitting one of the robbers.

He died near a street sign just feet from the front doors of some shocked neighbors.

Police are still investigating, but here's what we've learned. The pizza delivery man claims self defense and is in protective custody.

It's unclear if he'll face charges because it's simply too early in the investigation.

As for the group of robbers, police are searching for one of them. One was arrested one soon after the attack.

One woman says she doesn't blame the delivery man and wouldn't have been sorry if the other suspects had experienced the same fate.

"I'm sure he's been robbed before. And his life was just as important," said Fran Catalano.

"He was doing a civic duty delivering a pizza to somebody. And let me tell you something: That guy ought to get a medal and he should have shot the other two."

We did speak with the man who runs the Little Caesar's where the driver has worked for at least a year.

He did not speak on camera, but said off camera that his drivers only carry about $25 or $30 at a time, and safety is a top and growing concern for their drivers.

The suspects reportedly demanded money, but the delivery man pulled a handgun and killed one of the robbers, a 24-year-old man.

The case is still under investigation.

2. MTech

MTech New Member

Flint Michigan or?

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. MTech

MTech New Member

yea flint michigan

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

then

:confused:

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

That's how we roll in Michigan

7. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Hell yes!

When I delivered (for LC's ironically) I was packing all the time. I didn't carry on my person when I went to the door unless I was in a particularly shady place but...

There were a couple instances I felt the distinct need for being armed though I never ran into an actual robbery situation.

I used to close the store too and my closers knew there was something under the counter, although I have no idea whether the owner knew or cared... Didn'tmuch matter, I wasn't going to be in that position unarmed!

What do they say? "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6?"

I will say though, we were not required (actually discouraged) to carry car-toppers on the basis that it's kind of advertisement "I've got food and money!"

8. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

If I delivered pizza I would go armed. If I owned a pizza company I would let my drivers carry as well.

9. MTech

MTech New Member

I wish we were like that when I worked at one years ago. The owner was a cheap ass on advertisement so he'd make us put those things on and they scratched up your paint. We'd get in all kinda shit if we didn't. If you didn't want it than you had to drive the company vehicle which meant you made less money since you didn't get paid gas per delivery, and you were driving a giant billboard basically. :greddy:

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

good for the driver. companies that care more about their liability than their employees' lives can kiss my ass.

11. redna

redna New Member

Hmm... apparently Little Ceasars is a robbery magnet. When i worked there (when i was 16) I got robbed at gunpoint.... Fuckin bastards took my pager. :crying: