GUN pistola shopping

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Otsego Hive, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Otsego Hive

Otsego Hive Wait, what? We're being swapped?

lookin at pistols, i'm pretty much sold on the glock 19, but i was interested in the kahr k9093A. anyone know anything about kahr?

2. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

The Kahr K9093A (stainless matte finish K9) is my off duty carry gun. If you are considering those guns for carry, I would highly reccommend the K9. Its smaller than the G26 let alone the 19 (a bit heavier tho... because its all steel). Even tho it is DAO it has a very nice smooth trigger pull.... in fact I shoot it more accurately than my duty pistol, a DAO Sig P226 (NYPD requires DAO on all duty and off duty pistols :sad2: ) IMO the K9 looks better, and feels better in my hand than any glock. My K9 is my favorite pistol right now, Although this will most definately change in May when I get my Ed Brown Kobra (not really a fair comparison tho, $2000+ custom made 1911 vs $500 DAO carry gun)

The big advantage of the G19 would be the ability to accept 15 round magazines. But they are expensive unless you're a cop and can buy LEO magazines. This will very likely change in september tho when the :greddy: Assault weapon ban is supposed to sunset. You pay for the higher capacity with a thicker weapon, whic may be harder and less comfortable to conceal. My K9 is extremely comfortable to carry in my Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster (if you're gonna be carrying invest in a good holster and belt... look at Milt Sparks, Alessi, Mitch Rosen)

to me tho, 8 rounds is enough for a concealed carry pistol. If I was going somewhere where I didnt think 8 rounds of 9mm gold dots was enough I'd throw my AR15 with a few 30 rd mags in the WRX..... Or I just wouldnt go :)

3. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

o yea heres a pic of my K9 with wood grips, Novak nite sites and I also have the stainless steel guide rod

[​IMG]

4. Otsego Hive

Otsego Hive Wait, what? We're being swapped?

thanx for the input. and very nice lookin gun darcy :bigthumb: