pissed at my computer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JohnDoe, Jan 31, 2005.

1. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

:wtc: Well its been about six months and Ive about had it. This is what I have:
    AMD XP 2000+
    512 DDR 2100
    CHAINTECH MB

So about six months ago my computer wouldnt POST. So I replaced the powersupply (thats what I originally thought it was), and that didnt work. I replaced all of the ram, still didnt work. Replaced the video card, nope. So I finally got around to buying a new MB, and it still wont post. Ive tried messing with all the jumpers and still nothing. The CPU fan and everything will kick on, I can hear the HDD start up, but no beeps and nothing comes on the screen. One time I got it to come up and load windows but then it immediately froze up.

My last option is the CPU, but how often do these go out? Ive heard they never go out really. I looked at it and it seemed okay. Another thing is it started up once, so how could it be the CPU? What else could it be? I dont want to go waste money on a new CPU, because I cant really afford it right now, I have tons of bills.

:sadwavey:

2. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

3. Weiner

Weiner New Member

I think you answered your own question there :hsd:

4. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

rma the cpu? static electricity can fry random things

5. jiggilo

jiggilo Technics > *

your chip is probably fried

6. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

I've had this issue...It is your CPU. Make sure you put the cooler on right next time.

7. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

k thanks