Pirates of the Carribean...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by 93CivicEX, Jul 14, 2003.

1. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

...rocks the fuckin casbah! :big grin:

Great story, great effects, very well shot, and acted... all in all a pretty excellent film.

Its not something serious and thought provoking, but its nto supposed to be... its fun, humorous, has some GREAT sword fight scenes (the one in the blacksmiths shop rocks), the acting is pretty well done...

I very much enjoyed it... and on top of that, its 2 hours long... its not some 80 minute cheezeball of a disney movie... it was no where near as cheezy as I expected.

GO SEE IT IN THE THEATER... watching on TV at home will not do it justice...

2. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea! we saw it last night. I have a question though...

*******WARNING - SPOILER********

captain badguy didn't bleed whenever he was shot/stabbed, due to the nature of the curse.

but, when johnny depp sliced his hand and tossed the coin to LotR elf boy, he, Johnny Depp, bled.

What's up with that?

and did you notice that heavyset pirate, who was partnered with the wooden eyeballed guy, that's the guy who plays the dwarf from LotR?

:big grin:

3. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

i think that he didn't become cursed until he took possession of the gold... :dunno:

edit- cuz you remember when the pirates grabbed him in the jail cell and he was like "So there is a curse..." but he didn't turn into a skeleton.

4. 93CivicEX

johnny depp didnt slice his hand... he didnt need to.

he took a coin, so that he too would be cursed, and immortal (till the curse was lifted)... he was stabbed, and kept going.. then he tossed the coin to francis (from malcolm in the middle) hwo cut his hand, and replaced the coins, just as Capn Jack shot the guy...

heres my question though... the ONE THING I really did NOT understand about that movei...

what is the fucking point in a sword fight between two men who can not die???? :dunno:

5. TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23

TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23 I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, p

Orlando Bloom?

6. 93CivicEX

jebus... I looked and didnt find it...

I figured we were still bitching discussing GTA Vice City in FOTW, so I put it in Off TOpic :dunno:

7. Qtip

Qtip Impact Player

That was the LOTR elf, not the guy from Malcolm in the middle.

8. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

What are they supposed to do? Sit around and play patty-cake?

9. SENTmusic

SENTmusic if you can clean an oven you can clean me!

seriously i thought this movie was very good and that johnny depp did an awsome acting job in this.

another funny thing that me and my friend noticed was remember when he was hand cuffed and then escaped off that boat by sliding down the rope? how can he get his hands on and then off that rope when hes handcuffed?

10. Jason88

Jason88 Guest

anything Johnny depp in is great

11. CBBaller

CBBaller keira is below.

barbosa did bleed. Remember when Elizabeth stabbed him with the knife, there was blood on the knife when it was removed. So they can bleed. And it was Johnny Depp who they showed slicing his hand with the sword.

12. Wiggin

Wiggin I can change my text and didn't have to pay shit

That did look weird, but what he did was put his hands together and swing the chain between his hands over the rope and grab the chain, so both hands were on one side of the rope, and only the chain was going across, that way he could easily get on and easily get off the rope

13. projectalpha

projectalpha 二號 Stunna

Didn't u hear them talking about it in the movie? Barborosa said something like, so are we supposed to fight like this for all eternity?

I liked the part at the beginning when Johnny Depp was riding the top of the mast as his boat was sinking.

14. fridexter

fridexter Active Member

:rofl: :werd: and the background music with it rocked!

15. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I personaly was a little dissapointed, i expected more and it turned out to be a tad too PG and Disney, I felt like the plot kinda of lacked substance, it was a tad too repetitive, the whole "We're skeletons woaha, and he's a skeleton woah!" Kinda lame.

Also I thought Jonny Dep's character could have had more progression he was a little "panzy".

It was alright, but by no means what I had expected out of Jonny Dep........

16. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

Yeah, I caught that too, but I guess your explanation makes sense.

Keira......I want j00.........

17. EdgeCat

EdgeCat Guest

:eek3:

So THAT'S who that was. I knew I recognized him from somewhere. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. Had kind of the same feel as "The Mummy"... Not overly thought provoking, and no unintentionally cheesy action scenes. Just a fun flick with good humor and one seriously fine heroine. :wiggle:

18. GoughGrl

GoughGrl Guest

This movie was awesome. I know it was a tad Disney-ish at times, but it was also pretty entertaining to watch. I went with my best friend and she and I could not get enough of Johnny Depp. The scenes where he dives into the water made us drool. I think I'll have to buy it. There was a good plot line and it kept me interested as well as the hot pirate!

Arg... eye eye matey.. :bigthumb:

19. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

:rofl: I LOVED that movie!

Johnny Depps acting > *****

20. joy division

joy division New Member

Movie was a piece of Disney trash.

Only saving grace was Depp, otherwise keep it to the kiddies and folks not interested in real conflict.

21. Maverick

Maverick Guest

They're only immortal under the light of the moon. Otherwise when they're *fleshy* they can die.

22. Wiggin

Wiggin I can change my text and didn't have to pay shit

Not true, none died at port royale or whatever the city was, and when the girl stabbed the captain in his stateroom, he just pulled the knife out. They also walked underwater while not constantly in moonlight, moonlight just means you see them as they truly are.

23. Altair

Altair Guest

Johnny Depp made that movie. Thought I think it is easily the second best movie I have seen this summer. Music was awesome. (To bad it had the disney-esc action scenes.

24. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I am just going to cut right in and say i didnt really like the movie..it was just decent...but Johnny Depp did one hell of an acting job..props to him! [​IMG]

25. kpxgq

kpxgq Guest

yup.. johnny depp had some awesome acting in there... i loved his hand gestures and the way he used his eyes.

heres my lil plot hole... did'nt elizabeth steal the medallion from the boy at the beginning, so souldnt she have been cursed?