Pioneer or Alpine?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by andymodem, Dec 25, 2002.

1. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

Which do you feel in your opinion based on data/reviews, etc.. makes the better head unit and why? I'm tryin to decide what to go with for my car pretty soon.

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I like the pioneer b/c they look better. A little cleaner in my opinion. If you going to get a base model the alpine's have a little more popularity in that area. :dunno: I like the look of the pioneer's better. Once again on the alpine's theres those green buttons that are all ugly and shit. :wtf:

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

alpine is overpriced imo every body buys it casue its an alpine your not gettting anyting better thana deck 50 dollars cheaper

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

alpine has true sub outs, even their base model has sub controls where pioneer doesn't. pioneer turns your rear speakers(via FIE) that are run by the internal amp as subs, when you run you amp on the rear/sub rca's to your amp. pioneer's "sub control" is useless. alpine has adjustable centers for tone control, pioneer is set to certain frequencies. alpine has more internal amp power than pioneer. if you're looking for a true stand alone headunit, go with alpine, if you want a future system friendly headunit go with alpine. if you want flash go with pioneer, if you want gimmicks go with pioneer.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

hm gimicks liek bass engine

and almost all but teh realy bottom end decks form pio have a non fading out. more power yeah like both companys dont way overtae those most in dash decks only put out 3-10 watts any way

6. twistid

you're lost

7. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I agree.

And Im a newb in car audio :rofl:

8. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

ill try agin only better

alpine has more gimicks than pio most of pios featuers are actualy usefull where ass bass engine is a glorig=fied bass boost that msot people will disable any way

you wana comapre deck power ok both are grossly overated you probay wont see mroe than 10 watts out of either

moost of the pio decks execpt for the walmart ones have a n/f out put if you are not goign to spend enough on a deck to get one you donnt care that it dosent have one

so why shuld i pay $50 mroe for an alpine that has less featuers

oh wait it says alpine on it i forgot

rappers sing about it it must be good

10. Gen5_EG

Gen5_EG :)

Alpine.........why?

1st deck I had was Sony...that was crap
    2nd deck was Kenwood......that was even crappier

stick with an Alpine....you don't need shitty lights all over the place and screensavers.

11. twistid

no mr. bandwagon hater, when i work at shop that sells both brands i can easily compare them. both brands are headunit companies, just alpine does a better job at it. i'm 27 years old, not some impressionable kid(which someone seems to be.) i could care less what a rapper says(other than he's just giving our shop free advertising). when pioneer makes the better headunit, i'll say it. until then, alpine is the better brand. bass engine starts as a adjustable 2 band parametric eq in the lower models then adds time correction in later models, where eeq is a graphic 3 band eq at set frequencies and sound focus eq in later models. models like the 6400... when running the inside cabin speakers off the headunit, and you and you run an amp off the rear rca's to get sub control you have to sacrifice your rear speakers. where even the base model alpine has a truely independant sub control where you can still have both sets of inside cabin speakers running full range and have true sub control.

12. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

:) I had an Alpine CDA-7894 installed this morning. Much nicer than the Pioneer 7200 it replaced. Haven't tried out the mp3's yet, gonna do that later. But I'm very impressed with the Alpine, the sound seems to be much cleaner and more distinct in my opinion. :bigthumb: to Alpine.

13. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

<---- Recently got a Jensen DIN +1/2, CD & Cassette,detachable flip-down face

14. jeremyd

jeremyd Guest

Which kenwood did you have?

I have the mp919 and it is the bes HU I've owned to date. It easily outpreforms the pioneer 8400mp and with more features to boot ;)

I used to be a pioneer man. I currently own probably 12 different pioneer HU's at the moment. They are all great units IMO, but after owning the kenwood they don't compare.

As for pioneer vs. alpine, well, the pioneer will get you more bang for the buck. The units are of equal quality IMO, you just pay more for the same performance out of the alpine.....

Only bad thing about pioneer that really gets me is the MP3 load time......

15. MacTac

MacTac Newbie Newb Newb...

I use to have the pioneer 6400 and the alpine 7893. IMO both are nice decks, if you want quaility go w/ the Alpine, if you want something flashy and has "shock value" go w/ the Pioneer...

16. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i feel teh oposite i feel taht alpine is of no better quality they jsut charge more and shops love to sell them bacause all fo teh rappers rap about them so all of the kids jump al over them

and i loved my kenwood ps909 to bad they dont make them like taht any more

17. twistid

that's funny, in our shop PIONEER and PANASONIC are the choice for the gangsta's and girls. the older people, cowboys, and people that want to get serious are our /////ALPINE crowd. :dunno: according to our RA's for the past 5 years - /////ALPINE vs. PIONEER in quality = for every 3 /////ALPINE's RAed we had 4 PIONEER's. the shop i work for has sold /////ALPINE for 21 years, hell we sold the original KICKER box(i'm talking the very first one on the market) after the other installer heard it in the livingroom of the the old man at KICKER. there's a century of expirence divided between the 4 of us, we're not some over night success that depends on rappers :greddy:. besides didn't rappers talking about /////ALPINE go out in the 80's, now i think they rap about wheels. :dunno:

18. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Alpine > *