Pioneer DEH-P6700MP + ipod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vitamin dew, Dec 17, 2006.

1. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Alright, so I recently got this as an early christmas gift and got it all installed along with an ipod adapter for pioneer. As far as I know the adapter connects to the back of the unit and has a dock connector for the ipod. When I connect the ipod it just says Pioneer, the manual states that.

My problem is that I cannot get anything to play:squint: I can navigate the menu through the radio to get what I want to play...but thats it. Theres no actual play button:hs: Help me OT:wtc:

Unit: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=5776214

Adapter: http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/18212.html

2. Rob H

Rob H New Member

the CDIB100 adapter has a extremely shitty interface on all Pioneer headunits that don't have the "List" button. Your best bet is to do an Aux in through the IP-Bus port instead and control it from the iPod.

3. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

I dont know anything about this stuff, what exactly would I need and how much would it cost?

4. Auspicious one

Auspicious one New Member

5. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

thanks guys, I got the CDIB100 to work but like you've both said, it sucks lol. I'm going to look into one of the other methods so that I can use my ipod to select songs

6. james330i

james330i Imported Redneck

pioneer has the 2nd generation interface out. i've got it, and it works decent....slow to navigate but it works