Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by diesel, Jul 19, 2004.

1. diesel

diesel Guest

Does anyone here have a p7500dvd??? I just bought one and now I feel like the thing is WAAYY to much for what I need.. Kinda an quick buy on my part... :rolleyes:

2. Boiling Point

Boiling Point New Member

Did you buy it just for the dvd player? It's a nice headunit.

3. spicaly

spicaly Active Member

I have it and I love it

4. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

I need help with the tuning. Can you please tell me how you have your parametric EQ Setup ?

5. diesel

diesel Guest

I bought it because it was rated number one by some magazine, number one multimedia deck... The sound is incredible..

6. spicaly

spicaly Active Member

I used the auto eq feature and then adjusted each speaker (front,rear,center) by preference. I have mine running in dolby 2 mode though so my center speaker is on all the time while i listen to music, but if you want i'll take a few pictures of each speakers eq settings

7. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

Yeh, that would be awesome !!!!!!

8. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

for some strange reason... I remember using the auto eq and it "failed" or some weird message to that degre... Thanks spicaly

9. spicaly

spicaly Active Member

hope this helps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

Thanks! Those were awesome !

11. :coold: i just bought the AVIC-N1. going in this weekend :hsugh:

12. denim

denim New Member

I would love to have either

13. boostedscooby

boostedscooby no blue icon no care

I have the older model. Teh one released last year. I have nothing but enjoyment from this headunit.

14. 04

04 Guest

MADDD G, I wouldnt use the same EQ settings he uses, as your car and speakers and speaker locations are almost certainly different than his. An EQ setting that sounds good in his car might sound terrible in yours.

15. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

:werd: You beat me to it.
    Besides, the way he has it set up, none of his speakers are playing the 63-80Hz range.

16. diesel

diesel Guest

I am confused about the ranges.. As far as what is what?!?! Highs, Mids and Lows what are the frequencies that go along with each?!?! I have my EQ setup in a V for all of my speakers but I know I need to take the bass out of my mids and highs up front and in rear so my subs take all the bass..

17. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

I'm kinda confused about your question but I think you are refering to the crossover settings. The crossover basically acts as a filter. It filters out the high frequencies going to the sub so that it only plays the low (bass) frequencies, and it filters out the low frequencies going to the speakers. Here, I'll use this as an example:

[​IMG]

The front, center, and rear speakers all have a high pass filter. The subwoofer has a low pass filter. You'll notice that he has the fronts set at 80Hz and the sub set at 63Hz. This means that the front speakers will only play frequencies above 80Hz and the sub will only play frequencies below 63Hz. Notice that there is a gap between 63Hz and 80Hz. He should either raise the sub setting up to 80Hz or lower the front speaker setting down to 63Hz to eliminate that gap and have a full range of sound (20Hz-20KHz). If you're not familiar with crossover settings, I would say just set the front, rear, and sub to 80Hz as a baseline and then adjust from there if needed. I don't know what to set the center speaker at. It really depends on the speaker. Set it to whatever sounds best and doesn't distort. The EQ you should set flat and then adjust from there.

Hope this helped you. I'm not very good at explaining things in words.

18. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

hey, thanks for the info, BlackHBDX. I have a question in reference to your post above. If I have my front at 63 as opposed to 200, does that mean, i am getting the lowest frequency, or is the lowest frequency at 200? Which setting should i use if i want little to no bass comin gout of my inside speakers? Also, if i want clean ass, should that also be 63khz? Thanks for your help! vbmenu_register("postmenu_21621385", true);

19. MADDD G

MADDD G New Member

by the way, the paremetric EQ is extremely difficult to move? why does the whole thing shift as I move it one notch over?

20. 04

04 Guest

Yes, but the crossover doesnt just stop playing frequencies above or below the frequency it is set to. It has a slope, and depending on the steepness of the slope, you will have increased attenuation at a given frequency. for example if the headunit had second order filters (12dB an octave) you could still have a pretty audible amount of information one octave above the crossover frequency. But, if the unit used something like an 8th order filters (48dB an octave) you probably wouldnt hear much an octave above the crossover frequency.

Depending on the 'shape' of the crossover filter, setting the crossovers to 80hz and 63hz could work well. If the crossover uses a butterworth type filter, your speakers are closely phase correlated, and you set both crossover frequencies to be equal to each other, you could very well have a peak of up to 3dB in your frequency response. Changing one of the crossover frequencies could allievate this peak. But, if the crossover uses a bessel or linkwitz-reiley type filter, then yes, as a baseline, equal settings could work.

Plus you have to factor in other concerns such as the incar frequency response of the speakers, listening position and other factors.

21. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

I know that but I didn't want to confuse him.

22. 04

04 Guest

Then why did you tell him he would have a gap in response between 63 and 80hz? ;)

23. 04

04 Guest

The whole thing shifts because the filter also affects frequencies other than the center frequency. Depending on the width or 'Q' of the filter, you will get more interactions into the next band if you choose a low Q option. However, Im not sure if the EQ even allows you to adjust the Q, so it may not even matter (although if its parametric it should).