Pioneer AVH-7480DVD Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lsondubz, Feb 2, 2003.

1. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

Is there a way to get the screen to stay open after the car is shut off? I need it to stay open for when I attend shows but for the life of me, can't figure out how to get it to do so. The instruction manual hasn't been much help either.

Also, how can I get this unit to play actual TV? What do I need?

Thanks

2. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

To get the tv to stay open you'd have to wire the accessory wire to the constant so it thinks the car is always on, just be careful not to kill your battery.

As far as tuning tv stations, the only way I know of is tuners that are included with in car vhs or dvd systems. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find the tunner on it's own.

3. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

thanks, i got it though, i just had to turn off the auto close option

4. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

So how do you like it? I just got mine and I love it. Do you also have a TV Tuner? I have the GEX-P7000 and had some questions maybe you could answer?

Thanks in advance,
    Jose

5. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

Naw, no tv tuner... just how it came, dvd/cd/am/fm.. i want a cd changer though so I can have the graphics while playing a cd.. How much did you pay yours?

6. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

So you need the CD Changer for the cool graphics? I thought it would still show graphics when I would play a CD? I payed $1450 with everything TV Tuner, Antennas, Brain, including a pair of 6.5 Infinity Kappas 63.5 for my front panels and two 5.6 Mobile TV screens in my headrests.

7. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

good deal... i paid $950 (w/o all those extras).. naw you cant see the graphics when playing a cd unless you have a cd changer.. i was pretty pissed when i found that out (after it was installed)... all you get when playing cd's is a blue screen

8. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

You must not have it connected correctly. I can choose to watch tv or some cool grapics like the eq or dolphin when I play my music cd's. Look in the instruction manual. I love this thing. I'm downloading movies from the net and making vcd's to play in there. :big grin:

Jose

9. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

you must not have the same thing as me then.. even pioneer said it's not possible... so have about 10 other owners of the unit and the shop that installed it... everyone says you need a cd changer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2003
  10. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

I'll try to take some pictures of my connections so you can compare them to yours and see if there's any differences asap. Or you can send me some pics of yours.

Jose

11. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

the only pics i have are these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tell me like step by step when you put in a cd, what you do or press to get the graphics

12. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

ok but I'll have to wait till I get home from work. Do you see the letters "navi" in the top right corner of your screen during any mode? If you do it's hooked up wrong; unless you also have the navigation unit hooked up.

Jose

13. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

14. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

Yeah the same one you have. Do you see the letters "navi" in the top right corner of your screen during any mode?

Jose

15. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

nope... cd, dvd, and radio, thats the 3 different screens i can go to.. none say navi at anytime

16. jcrodriguez

jcrodriguez Guest

Let us flip to page 69 of the manual. Tell me what you see.

Jose