Pioneer 6x9, what model is the best??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kenji-Boi, May 24, 2002.

1. Kenji-Boi

Kenji-Boi Dirty Electro House make me happy in pants...

Mar 14, 2001
    Okay I found these on ebay:

Pair Pioneer TS-A6985

They look really good but I am hesitant. Any advice is appriciated. :bigthumb:
  2. 04

04 Guest

Think about it this way, are you buying the speakers because they look cool, or because they sound good? :big grin: I'll admit, they look pretty snazzy, but honestly I'd have to say they probably sound pretty bad. They have THREE!!! tweeters. There is no reason for that at all. You might think more is better, but in this case, it is not. They are three different tweeters and they probably overlap pretty bad in several places most likely producing too much treble to be accurate. Id hate to see their frequency response curve :ugh: You would be much better off with a different pair of speakers. What are your goals with these speakers? Are you going to run them off a factory deck, or aftermarket, amp them, run them with a sub, etc. We can be more help in providing reccomendations if you tell us the application.
  3. caddymac

caddymac Guest

Did you upgrade your fronts first? If not, I would start there.
  4. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

May 22, 2000
    i think i have those in the back of my car. running off my poineer deh-4100 deck.
  5. Geezle

Geezle Sweetness :love:

May 22, 2002
    0 on your front stage first...then, maybe throw in a bit of rear fill. Generally speaking having highs coming from the rear of the car will confuse your imaging and it won't sound as good...

edit: Dealing with highs in the rear of the car - these things have 3 tweeters...probably not a good idea...look into some 6.5" mids instead...
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  6. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

sounds like a riceboy attitude to me.....

most people are just spending the money they were going to in the back and adding that to the front so they can get nicer components and get better sound

Most of my customers are happier with OUT rear fill. Maybe you should look into getting a nice amp and a good set of components from say Focal or Helix
  8. get some 6.5"s