GUN Pimp my mossberg

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copeland, Jan 2, 2006.

1. copeland

copeland smarter than you

So I got a mossberg for christmas with the Marinecote.
    Main use is for protection in the bush. I want to get a folding stock, possibly one of the "at the ready" slings for it (so I can carry my back pack without it being in the way.

So gun crew lets pimp my mossberg...I was also thinking of a nive foregrip light...what's out there?

the cooler the tactical look the better...

2. copeland

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got my 590 kinda pimped, pgrip, top folder stock I forget the manafactuer not home to check, its not real comfortable but its my home defense gun and it only comes to the range occasionally, besides what you already picked, go with side mount shell holder, and a light.

4. copeland

It has a five round holder on the side of the chamber....I was looking at the other side folding stock that holds three rounds

[​IMG]

only thing is I wonder if it's got that cheap feel like ati. I have a dragonov stock for my sks and it's nice but not really black gives it a cheap plastic look imo.

so do I want a mounted flashlight or that light with the pressureswitch on the foregrip???

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Had ATI stocks back in the day on an ak didnt really care for it but back then their wern't many options, had the sks folder too. I prefer the metal folders on a shotgun, I got a mounted light no pressure switch but I think I'de prefer pressure, easier to turn off and on in an instant in case your trying to sneak up on someone breaking in

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I got a Butler Creek folding stock for my 870, haven't installed it yet. I was dissapointed when it came and it was polymer. I was expectng the whole thing to be blued steel (since it was labelled "folding stock: blued steel"). Only the part between the pistol grip and the stock (no idea what you'd call it) was blued steel. But it still seems pretty solid, so I'll give it a chance, and let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: It's the same stock you posted a few posts earlier:

7. copeland

[​IMG]

this looks good...wonder if it's got that cheap ati polymer look to it though?

[​IMG]

this one looks cooler, and it holds a few rounds....

8. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

If you want a sidefolding ATI stock, PM me because I am selling mine.

9. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

ATI stocks are trash. I have a metal butler creek folder, not the polymer one pictured above with the shell holders, but the same kind they make for the Mini-14. Only problem I've ever had with it is the set screw walked out on it once, but I loctite'd it and it's been fine since.

Those top-folders are trash too. Only other stocks I'd put on it would be Mossberg factory, or a Knoxx COPStock.

10. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Seriously. They suck.

Getting the SpecOps? That'll be my next buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Clusive

Nah, I figured I'd stay with the standard stock. At the most, I'd get the Knoxx CompStock.

12. copeland

[​IMG]
    This stock looks good too...I want something compact for it will be out in the bush and I don't want any cumbersome hardware dragging on branches or getting caught up...the spec ops looks good.

what about optical sights? worth the cash for a scattergun?

13. Clusive

For most things, the standard bead sight is more than enough. You could get the ghost ring sights for it, or put the money towards a Surefire fore-end. Its up to you. Also, what kind of budget are you working with here?

14. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

It is not very comfortable. Might look good, and I am sure if you really had to use it you could, but in my opinion, there are much more comfortable stocks available.

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

the metal folder with shell holder is similiar to what I got, it isn't comfortable to shoot, but its my home defense shotgun if it were something I shot often I'de ditch the stock with a quickness, but for my purposes it works ok.

16. copeland

Well is seems that the mossbegr 500 is one of the top shotguns for mod. so that tells me something of quality, I'm willing to drop the cash on the performance parts as long as they perform - maybe a little rehtorical.

I took the 500 out to the range today and fired it with the stock to get a feel for it.

Unfortunately I was just firing some winchester universal (#6) which was basically 2 3/4 bird feed. but the rifle is comfortable, I can empty it and my shoulder gets a little sore. so I'm thinking the knox specops stock now, something to give me speed with target acquisition and multiple firing. Since this gun will ultimately be a bear or home defense gun. I think it's best I figure out my butt stock first, then I'll do a light.

took this :
    "[​IMG] Q. What is the maximum number of cartridges that a firearm magazine can legally hold?
    As set out in Criminal Code Regulations, some large-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:
    • 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic centre-fire long gun; or
    • 10 cartridges for most handgun magazines
    A large-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law. Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the regulations.
    There is no limit to the magazine capacity for semi-automatic rim-fire long guns, or for other long guns that are not semi-automatics."

so I may upgrade to a drum setup if I don't feel 5+1 is comfortable for the woods (hey if it's legal to carry more then why not on that principal alone???)

so now specops or compstock? knoxx seems to be the best manufacturer...

17. Thunderbear

You're in CA.. so laws are tricky. If bear are actually a concern, then 3 and 3.5" magnum need to be very prevalent in your consideration. Not too much else will slow down a grizzly. Following.. if those shells are your primary load, then a recoil reducing stock needs to be added to your weapon. 2 3/4" slugs leave a mark on my shoulder after six and a half years in the Marine Corps... so 3 and 3.5" slugs definitely will leave an impression on a civilian. Knoxx products are far and away, IMO, the best mass produced recoil reducing products on the market, so they are definitely worth considering. Either of the two you mentioned will serve you well.

18. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

I think B.C. is British Columbia.

I know there are no gun laws in CA that say rifles have a max capacity of 5 rounds.

19. Thunderbear

I meant CA as in Canada.

Admittedly, I was drunk when I posted this though. :o

20. copeland

I'm sold ont he specops I think...it allows me to expand on what my goal for a shotgun will be...plus the powepack mod allows a few rounds and a raised cheek rest for an optical sight.

[​IMG]
    SEXY.