SRS Pills to quit addiction? (just a general curiosity question)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, May 29, 2005.

?

Would i use a neuro-blocking pill to stop my addiction?

1. No, it wouldn't matter if such a pill existed, i would continue my addiction

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Yes, i always wanted to quit and am willing to use a anti-addiction pill

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. other...

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Let's say for example you have been addicted to meth/cocaine, and smoking cigarettes for 5 years. You see absolutely no way of getting rid of your addiction, and you just basically gave up. How big would your willingness be to get rid of your addiction by the method of a (not yet existing) Neuro-blocking adminstrated pill, that blocks your ability to experience pleasure or joy from alcohol/drugs/cigarettes?

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Anyone with the capability to be honest can work a 12-step program and get clean. Taking a neuro-blocking transmitter, and not working a program would mean I'd still be in my addiction and miserable rather abstinant or not. So the answer would be no.

The programs of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other 12-step fellowships provide a new way of life that cannot be surpassed by any neuro-blocking administrated pills. It works if you work it.

You should add an option, "No, I'd continue to work my program and enjoy life," because that would be what I would do.

3. gnat

gnat New Member

4. Team503

Team503 Guest

Being an addict (to anything) is often an indicator of a deeper seated problem in your life. Using a pill doesn't help you confront that problem or help you fix it.

So no, I wouldn't take it.