TAT piercings at work

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Apr 11, 2007.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

i love my job, i get to help people and make great money doing it (especially for a college kid in valdosta, ga). the only thing that gets me about working retail is how conservative and strict they are about apearences. as stated in SOP (basically just the guidelines for running all the stores) bestbuy has set forth a policy of no piercings or visible tattoos.

usually when people tell me i 'can't' do something, i do what i want and let them deal with it afterward... that's what i did with my tattoo (a 2 inch cross on the back of my neck). i didn't think it was a big deal since it's in such a hidden spot, but i've even had managers confront me about THAT before when my hair was in a ponytail.

right now i have just one hole in each ear, plus a bellybutton ring (again, not visible so no biggy). i really want to get my eyebrow pierced with a black ring with a black ball but i'm scared of what the consequences at work will be. it would be really hard to find another job that matches up to the one i have now so i don't want to jeopordize anything there, but i'm in college and i'm in this zone where i want to experiment with different looks and features.

one guy at work has his brow pierced, but he takes it out at work.. i know there has got to be at least 3 or 4 weeks that the ring needs to stay in while it heals so I need some suggestions, if you guys have any.
    :x:

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

isn't really a way to hide an eyebrow piercing at work, and you're gonna need to keep it in at least 3-4 weeks, maybe more before taking it in and out...if you're in a curious piercing phase, there are lots of other ones to do though for kicks, haha

I work at a law firm now that never would've considered hiring me if they knew i had two piercings (PA and a septum) - but both are easily hidden and everything goes smoothly, same thing with my office job last summer and have nipple rings, heh

always easy to get a piercing, not as easy to get a nice job...don't jeopardize

3. Dan-blackline

Dan-blackline Registered Sex Offender

Get it pierced with a retainer?

4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Semirealted: I have black spiked 8 guage CBRs in each ear (want to get my eyebrow done, that's the related part). I'm a govt employee, a while back I wrote this taxbill script that saved us tons of money and allowed owners to look at their taxbills online. So the County Manger and all those guys thought it was great, they took a picture of me, interviewed me and all. When they released the story I CLEARLY had someone elses ear on my face!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA do you believe that shit?? I can only imagine what they would have done to my eye brow!!

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

if you're in college, can you just wait until you're out to get the piercing? i get teh whole body mods thing but i also know how hard it is to find a good job . . .

6. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

a friend of mine just made a suggestion. i'm taking 2 weeks off in the beginning of may for finals/move all my crap back to atlanta for summer. she said that i should call my store manager in atlanta (the one that gave me 2 raises in the last year and really likes me a lot) and explain the situation to him... that way i'd only be wearing the ring for 2 or 3 weeks there (4 or 5 weeks total).

do you think that's enough time for it to heal to the point that i can take it out for up to 8 hours at a time?

7. babiedollgirl

babiedollgirl Active Member

i worked at bestbuy for 3 years and people just always put bandaids over there piercings untill they healed. The managers never seemed to care as long as the bandaid was there.

8. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

not enough time to heal up.

Just be patient. get a new job that allows it and then get pierced Or get pierced and wear a bandaid and hope they don't catch on.

you just have t othink, Do you want to lose your job over this?

9. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

PE is right. how much do you really want this piercing if you can't wait? (granted, it's only a piercing so you can remove it, but still, is it worth your job?)

10. audrey

audrey New Member

I do software support, so right now my visible piercings aren't an issue.

BUt I'm currently looking for a new job.... and my piercings make my choices slimmer :( It sucks.

11. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Its the company's image, so I doubt you will get the OK, even for two weeks. If they let you, then when someone else wants one they just have to remind management that you had one. Its not going to happen. Dont give up the job for something like this, just move the piercing somewhere that can be hidden.

Its a non-issue with me and my job, but I think of what could happen when I want to make this more of a carrer when I would actually have to be dealing with people, visible piercings and tattoos are out. :( Luckily this Helix is healed enough it could be removed for a short while, and by the time I reach that point, the other piercings could be taken out as well.

12. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Do what I do and work in a field where they don't care. IT. With my hand, lip, ears, they don't care. I even just dyed my hair blue/black and red and its spiked straight up and nobody cares :wiggle:

13. a bum

a bum New Member

pop a band aid on it for a month until it heals, then put in eyebrow jewelery w/o the balls in it , then switch it out when your off. (its a pain but it allowed me to keep it)