TAT Piercings and Surgery..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by verbal, Apr 21, 2010.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm having deviated septum surgery tomorrow morning and they told me I have to remove all my piercings. I have three-- tongue, tragus, and left nipple. I planned on removing my tongue and tragus but do you think I really have to remove my nipple? The surgery is on my nose so I don't see how it would be a problem.

Should I leave it and talk to the surgeon when I'm at the hospital? Or should I just switch it to a plastic piece tonight and see if that's ok when I talk to the surgeon?

If I do have to take it out, I'll be too drugged up to put it back in so it might not get back in for around 12 hours or so. It's 14g (whatever the standard piercing size is) and it's about 6 years old. Is there a chance I might not be able to get it back in?

Thanks.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Just leave it in and don't tell them.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

Hmmm...

4. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

my nips are about 3 years old and i had to take them out when i went to jail. i think they were out for a total of 20 hours and were painful and difficult to put back in. probably would have been easier if i put them in after a hot steamy shower now that i think about it.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I had to go through a 4hr surgery on my hand and I left my nipples and PA in at the time and just didn't say anything. :dunno: The concern is in case there's complications and they need to zap you with the paddles.

6. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

put in some fishing line or polymer jewelry for your ears. there's no reason to take those out other than metal (I hear they worry about using a defibrillator even though its not usually a problem), it doesn't matter what they say about it unless they're operating on your ears. your tongue I'd just take out and worry about later though. if you're out they'll probably be shoving shit down your throat.

7. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm tempted to leave the nipple in but who knows what will happen.

I'm not worried about the ear-- tragus is like 8 years old and should be easy to put back in. Tongue is stretched and I've had it out for 36 hours before and it went right back in. Just worried about the nipple. Not sure if I should just leave it or go get some plastic jewelry.

Can't help but be concerned and think I should mention it. :dunno:

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

The tongue will have to come out. I didn't notice that one. If they need to intubate you it'll get in the way. You'll be wearing a hospital gown so they won't see your nipple.

9. Memor

Memor Active Member

i think it's worth buying plastic jewelry to throw in temporarily; shit is cheap as fuck

10. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

I had knee surgery today and had to take my snakebites out. Now I can't get them back in. I guess I'll have to get a small taper to open the holes back up.

11. knucks

knucks Active Member

I would go with this.

12. Kelli

Kelli O.O

I had to remove all of my piercings when I had my gallbladder removed in '07. I had my nipples pierced and they told me I had to take them out. Though, I didn't have to take any of my earrings out or anything when I had a c-section in Nov. I would ask them if you really have to take out the nipple piercing.