TAT Piercing and stretching lobes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Down623, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Down623

Down623 What's the Catch?

So I have an industrial but want to get my lobes pierced. I was hoping to go to 00 max, maybe 0, but was wondering how long it would take. I had heard of people being pierced to 6 or 4, and stretching from there, but I was wondering if this would affect my ear if (at some point in the future) I would have to take them out. My friend has 00s, and says that if he takes them out for like 2,3 weeks, it closes back up to a slight slit, which is something that I could deal with, but he stretched from 12, slowly, and I was wondering if being pierced to a higher gauge right away would affect the elasticity of my ear? If it could cause harm or is unsafe, how long would it take to stretch from, say, 10? Thanks.

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

if they "pierce" you at a 6 or a 4 you arent gonna be pierced your gonna be dermal punched most likely. Its like a circular scalpel that just takes out the chunk of flesh. this means youll be missing a part of your ear.. so most likely unless you get it stitched up it wont close.. start with a 14 or a 12 IMO

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

not true. most shops will only do dermal punching if asked. they will pierce at 6g or 4g with a needle. doing this will make getting to 0g or 00g a lot easier and cheaper. your ears will eventually close up if you decide to take them out. you will have a noticeable scar but it will look just like you had them pierced at 14g.

4. Two toys

Two toys New Member

but at that size isnt dermal punching the better way to go?.. i guess not in his case since he does want it to eventually heal up completely..

only reason i say this is because i have relatively large earlobes and i was talking to my piercer about doing a 4g and she said we should use a dermal punch.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

if it was cartilage yes. it heals better because of the reduced pressure on the jewelry .there is no need to punch lobes because there isnt any pressure from the cartilage pushing on anything. its just not worth it.

6. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

just take your time stretching some people end up stoping at a lower size because they like how it looks you might to :dunno:

7. Down623

So getting pierced straight to 6 or 4 won't greatly affect my ears? I definitely don't want to get a dermal punch. Would it take a lot longer to heal if I started at a bigger size (more surface area to heal?) I'd imagine so, but how long do you think? And would it be a bad idea to start with plugs or should I use CBRs or something until it heals?

8. Down623

I guess that's true, but I usually either like them 0ish or very small, the in-the-middle stuff looks too out of place for me. :dunno:

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

wont affect your ears at all. it heals up faster than smaller gauge piercings. you're probably looking at about 6-8weeks for them to be fully healed. id go with titanium tunnels/plugs or glass if your piercer uses it. CBRs at that size are just too heavy and will only prolong healing.

10. Down623

:cool: Thanks for the help. But how much do you think this will run, costwise?

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

that depends on a few things...

1. what size you go with
    2. what style jewelry
    3. location

i'm from Canada and our prices are completely different from US prices so i cant help with that. glass jewelry is pretty well priced. titanium runs a little higher but its worth it because it heals great and looks good.

12. inter

inter SOON

13. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

I second the titanium jewelry! It comes in MANY colors (titanium is colored by the heating process). It is also lighter, and your body likes it more then SSS. Though be warned, where I live, the price is upto 3x more depending on gauge/length/diameter.

14. eyedea

eyedea P.O.S. - Never Better 02.03.09

dude, you can get pierced at a 4 and have them taper it right to a 00 if you like. since it's still a fresh wound it won't damage the ear. and as opposed to what has been said in this thread about stretched lobes closing up isn't necessarily true. it all depends on the person, they might never shrink up all the way, especially if it's healed. a healed wound never closes completely because there is no open wound to close... makes sense, duh

15. eyedea

eyedea P.O.S. - Never Better 02.03.09

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

you can still do damage from stretching a fresh piercing like that. not everyones ears are the same elasticity. i've seen kids go from 12-4 in one shot with no tearing and i've seen others have problems going from 12-10.

as for the ears closing up. its a good chance that they will shrink down to a 10g or smaller. they will never fully close but 10g is better than 0g if you dont want people to see them.

17. Down623

Yeah I didn't expect a full heal, but I can deal with a small hole like that. :cool: Thanks for all the help everyone.