TAT pierced ears and helmets

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by easystreet, Apr 11, 2007.

1. easystreet

easystreet New Member

I was interested in getting my ears pierced with standard earings. But i drive a motorcycle to work daily for 15 minutes each way, is the 30 minutes a day enough to irritate them if i keep up on proper care and such?

2. willisJ

willisJ what u talkin bout?

it depends on the piercing and the fit of your helmet.. i got my transverse lobes done last summer when I was riding a lot, it stung getting the helmet on but once it was on no problems..

and yet my cartiledge piercing which i've had for years consistently hurt whenever I rode..

3. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

you'll want to die everytime you wear a helmet with any cartilidge piercing. my conch made me want to fly off the road it hurt so bad. i ended up taking it out

4. MeanFiddler

MeanFiddler The C.I.A. is Trying to Kill Me

i just had to take my orbital out because my helmet was killing me with it every day. lobes you'll be fine with. i can wear my helmet straight after stretching no problem. i'm at 14mm in both ears, and my straps don't even touch. just check your helmet against your ears.

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

when you say standard piercings you mean just regular studs in your ears, right? you should be fine.

6. Immo_G

Immo_G New Member

I remember watching a friend with 8ga tunnels at a car event trying to get a helmet on, looked painful. Eventually he took em out, to get the helmet on.

7. MagiusX

MagiusX Don't let the man keep you down

I have an industrial, left eyebrow, two cartilage piercings opposite the industrial and both lobes at 0g.

I have an HJC helmet and a fairly round head. I have no pain at all putting the helmet on, just gotta be careful. Never any pain while riding. Not all helmets are created equal. I noticed when trying on helmets that the cheap ones were cheap for a reason.

The helmet I ended up buying was $175, less than the cost of all the piercings/jewelery I would have had to lose if I couldnt wear a helmet.