pics of your detail trucks/trailers

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Nov 17, 2003.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Anyone got pics of how you setup your mobile
    detail system? Im going to set something up
    in a pickup a water tank, generator, some bins, pressure washier etc.
    whats ur setup look like?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You might want to get with rlspringer on www.autopia.org and search the professional detailing forum there. He posted his trailer set up and it is one of the best I've seen.

Since I wash cars with Protect All's Quick and Easy Wash (QEW), I only need to carry about 5 gallons of water with me. You mix a couple capfuls with a gallon of water and wash a section and dry it immediately, no rinsing is needed. Not only does it save me the expense of a pressure sprayer and the need for a trailer, it is very fast. Most cars can be washed/dried in about 20 minutes. Add another 10 for the door jams and wheels and half an hour, you have a nice clean car. One gallon is enough to wash about 150 cars so it is very economical.

One of these days, I'll have to take a pic of how I have my trunk set up with all my stuff. My trunk is unusable for groceries though. ;)

3. quamen

quamen New Member

damn man never heard of that system. would like to see and read about it though

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

There are a lot of posts about it on Autopia. I mentioned it on the board when I first registered there and I was the only one using it. Seems like half the board is now, especially those up north who now have a way to wash their cars in the winter without having to leave the (relative) warmth of their garage. Just do a search using "QEW" in the detailing or product discussion forums and you should get dozens of hits.

Even if you go with a full set up and pressure sprayer, QEW is nice to have to make quick work of regular weekly customer's vehicles.

5. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THIS!#$lc