Pics of the Impala with S100

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 426Hemi, Aug 31, 2003.

1. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Finally got around to using the stuff, and I am very happy with the results. Washed with Armor All carwash, clay bar, S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser, then the S100 Wax. I must say that the S100 SEC does a helluva job by itself.

First time posting pics, hope it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Looks great! Were you using anything on it before the S100?

3. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

The only other thing it had ever had on it, and that was only one application, was Meguiars Gold CLass. Needless to say the S100 is just a leeetle bit better. All in all actually washing the car was probably the hardest part, which is a testament to how easy the S100 products are to use.

Have to say that the picture of of me in the front quarter-panel is my favorite. Not only can you not tell what color the car is anymore, you can almost read the model of my camera. Now that's a reflection. heh.

Oh yeah and I wanted to say thanks to Scottwax for all the helpful hints and suggestions. They went along way in helping me get the results that I did.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Nice job :bigthumb:

IByougetyelledatfornotowelundertheS100

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks great! Nice wet reflections.

S100 is real easy stuff to use, even better are the results you get with it.

Gold Class is actually a real good product, it just isn't very durable.

6. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

I agree with you on the Gold Class, it looked pretty good, but I did start to notice a degredation in the effectivness in less than 2 weeks. I found out that there is no question that a clay bar removes old wax. After the claying there wasnt a bead to be found on the car, the water just sat on the paint. I was pretty impressed. Can't say enough about the S100 SEC as well. The shine you get from that alone is better than most waxes.

Question: After the wax application, when using a QDS do you wipe the car off with somthing or just spray on the product and wipe off?

Oh and a second thought on the Gold Class. I didn't like the residue left by it when you wipe it off. (the powdery crap) Not to mention marking up the trim pieces, which you don't have to worry about with the S100.

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Use a California Car Duster to dust the car, then QD it and wipe off. Looks like you just washed it.