Pics of the car, I need a polish. **56k-big pics**

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dilligaf, Jul 4, 2004.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf -

this is after s100 cleanser and s100 wax. It isn't as brilliant as it was a year ago after having it detailed. I have no idea what they used. I think I need a polish to help the shine. I'm thinking of going with whatever the moose polish is. I am needing a wax that will hold up longer than s100. I was thinking about using ex-p and topping with S100, but may use #16 instead of S100. After about 6 weeks the water no longer beads with S100. :sad2:

thanks for any suggestions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks pretty good but if you feel the shine isn't deep enough, you will have to use a stronger polish than S100 SEC. Vanilla Moose isn't a real strong product but its chemical cleaners are stronger than S100 SEC. In addition, you may need to clay the paint if you haven't in a while. Removing imbedded grit will noticably improve the shine.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf -

I've never clayed this car. But the cars I have clayed I had problems with the clay leaving marks on the car, even with a lot of spray. Are there any liquid cleaners that would have the same results as clay? Thanks.

4. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

nice I love those Cs :coold:

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Only clay will work unless you prefer to wetsand. Clay Magic and the reformulated Meguiars clay shouldn't cause you a problem. In any event, any good polish will remove the clay residue anyway.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf -

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of trying the Griot's clay. I think it comes with the buffer kit I am looking at ordering.