MIL Pics of our new IBA sleeves..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x000000x, Aug 5, 2005.

1. x000000x

x000000x OT Supporter

2. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

nice! very cool

3. DaRkPhAnToM

are u mp or infantry i forgot sorry :noes:

4. x000000x

x000000x OT Supporter

11bangbang

5. DaRkPhAnToM

thats right :love:

6. x000000x

x000000x OT Supporter

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Those bicep protectors look restrictive as fuck. Can you mount your weapon properly with those on? And that Interceptor doesn't even look like it fits. Does it? It just has an odd shape to it, especially from the back, like it's too big for you. It definitely looks like it comes down too far, front and back, which is usually an indicator of poor fit. I can't say I'd go with a smaller groin protector, since it does cover up the vital areas pretty well, but I'd imagine it'll still get all up in your way, because it's huge. It's almost the size of a 10x12 rifle plate. I guess the Army wants all the new stuff in the Universal Pattern, but they won't spend the money to update the gear that soldiers wear OVER it, like your FLC and all the pouches on it still being in woodland camo.

The bicep protectors look like they're DESIGNED to interfere with movement, and they look way too big for you, once again. The PALS webbing on them has got to be in the worst possible location for actually mounting anything on them. If you put a pouch or anything there, you'd never be able to move your arms at all without interference. And it's just because they wanted a place to put the fancy unit patches. The Army has some fucked up uniform priorities.

I wish the Army would go with something more like this: http://www.store.yahoo.com/diamondback/arwarbalshou.html

The DBT bicep and leg armor has gotten kickass reviews from most people who have put it to use (as opposed to airsofting, or posing for pictures). It's expensive, but all good armor usually is. If you find cheap armor, it's likely not worth trusting your life with.

Anyways, congrats on your new armor that you'll likely come to love to hate.