Pics of my Serria Cosworth.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MonsterCos, Apr 10, 2004.

1. MonsterCos

MonsterCos Guest

Lost most of my pictures when i had a virus on my comp:rant2:

But here are two that are ok, what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bonylad

bonylad You are all so very predictable.

I am feeling it.

3. Dark-Hawk

Dark-Hawk New Member

mm I dunno just something about it I'm not liking.. Maybe the rims? Maybe because it's a 4 door?? I dunno.. Something about it..

4. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

are you people idiots?!! who cares if its ugly, thats the point!!! its a COSSIE!!!!!!!!! :cool:

5. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

It does look a little funky and I also think its because of the rims...but nice overall.

What kinda of numbers do those put down?

6. MonsterCos

MonsterCos Guest

cheers for comments, i think it looks ok though ;) lol

My is only a baby with a few mods pushing out 340bhp.

The car also has fully adjustable suspension, 335mm disc's with AP 6pots, Poly bushes etc etc.

But also got ICE of 3 TV's 2 JL subs, phoenix Gold Amps and speakers etc.

7. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

very cool... I wish we had shit like that over in here in the states.....

8. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Those are pretty nice numbers!!! I also wish we had those here in the states...

9. MonsterCos

MonsterCos Guest

There not bad numbers though she could do with a few more horses ;)

I alwys wonderd why they neer sold them in the US :?

10. MerkurMan

MerkurMan Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts

Because Ford is stupid, and couldn't (didn't want to spend the money to) get the Cosworth motor to pass US emissions standards. Also, it would have been knocking on the Mustang's door, and Ford doesn't want to upset its image by having some "yurr-o-peein" car taking top performance honours in America.

We did get a cop-out, though, in the form of a fully loaded XR4i with the American 2.3L SOHC turbo 4 (loosely based on the Pinto block). They slapped on a name that nobody could pronounce ("Mare-koor"), and sold them next to Town Cars and Topazes in Lincoln/Mercury dealerships, where more often than not, the customer knew twice as much about the car as the salesman. Add that to a shitty marketing campaign and a lot of dealership techs that didn't know a turbo from a hole in the wall, and you end up with an eventual failure. There's still a healthy following for them, though, and numerous sites and clubs devoted to them. We also got the Granada Scorpio for two years, and they sold even less.

Ford had been planning to import more models (and who knows, maybe the Sapphire would have been one of them), and upgrade the current ones. 1990 XR4Ti test mules were running around with intercoolers, Cosworth-esque grilles, a hood scoop, and even one with a DOHC head 2.3T. They killed off the whole line in 89, though.

My dad and I have two XRs and two Scorpios among us. We used to have four XRs. :o :o

Oh yeah, fucking beautiful Cossie. I have an issue of Fast Ford with your car in it. :)

11. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

:love: the Cossie

12. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I had a Scorpio a few years ago when my car got stolen, it was a temporary car until I got a new one.

Biggest piece of shit I ever set foot in. Anything electrical goes wrong in this car, A/C went out, cooling system.. Anytime I brought this car to the mechanic they weren't too happy. Car was like a tank though, very safe. The interior was awesome too, got to love the adjustable back seats that slide up and down. I purchased it for $900, and sold it for $400.

My buddy that sold the car to me had a XR4TI, put at least $10,000 into the motor, and ran low 12's.. :bigthumb:

13. MonsterCos

MonsterCos Guest

Cheers Guys for the comments :)

Yeah that was my car in the mag!!!!! Had a few little bits and bobs done to it since :)

14. MerkurMan

MerkurMan Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts

Yup, Scorpios did suffer from a lot of electrical gremlins, but if you get a good one, they're fantastic cars for the money. It helps if you're in a club and have easy access to cheap parts and mechanics who know something about the damn things. My dad's is pretty worn out, but it has absolutely zero rust and runs fantastically. The back seat is super-comfy (a couple weeks ago we all went somewhere, I slept for 2hrs each way fully reclined), and it cruises beautifully on the highway.

I want one for a daily driver. We have a running parts car we got for $300, but the body is too shot to put back on the road. It's tempting, though. :o MINT black leather and everything works. :o

Sorry for the thread hijack. :hs:

15. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

:bowdown: XR4TI...... car looks sweet.....would own any american made ford out there, which aint sayin much...:rolleyes:

nice car dude.....nice and low like mine :bigthumb:

16. MBC

MBC Guest

Yeah! another PF member

Nice cossie M8!

17. MonsterCos

MonsterCos Guest

MBC when you say another PF member what you refering to the Mag or the Web site? :big grin:

18. MBC

MBC Guest

the web site m8