Pics of my RSX's direct port nitrous setup

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mrburner, Oct 21, 2003.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]a few months after completion...now i finally have some time on my hands without work/school (it's fall break) so i cleaned up my ground wires install that i put in a week or so ago and decided to finally take some pics

there are a bunch of pics so this will take some time
    [/font]

the intake manifold is polished in the pictures...just a little dirty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

by the way, switches are...

top red one is purge
    below that is the bottle opener
    top left round switch is to arm the entire system
    top right round switch is for the bottle heater

the bottom 2 are for the taillights (bottom left is for the brake lights and bottom right is for the rest of the lights)...just an idea i read about awhile back...just in case of any sort of chases or anything...you know, probably something i would never use but put it in there just in case

[​IMG]

radar detector relocation...that is the hidden display

unless a cop physically puts his head in the window and looks up, there is no way to see that (i know radar detectors aren't illegal but if a cop sees that you have one, you are almost guarenteed a ticket...at least in my mind, so thats why i did it)

[​IMG]

new radar detector location...all wires are hidden

sorry for the crappy pic but basically it is there using the visor clip that comes with the radar detector that i modified

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bottle...crappy pics but you get the idea

bottle is painted blue to red chameleon...it was just an idea we had awhile back...it looks pretty good but i'll probably get a carbon composite bottle in the future...btw in case you can't tell it is in the spare tire well...with the carpet in place you can't tell it is there at all

[​IMG]

and to finish off the set of pics...this is what you will see

[​IMG]

2. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

what are the tail light buttons for? :hs:

3. J_75

J_75 New Member

very clean, nice job.....

4. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Lot of effort into a FWD car. Eh, at least its clean and not rice. Did a good job.

5. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

:rolleyes: :slap:

very :cool:

nice, CLEAN installs also :bigthumb:

6. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

thanks everyone...it was all done in my garage over the summer

7. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

btw, how big of a shot are you running?

timeslips?

8. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

100 shot...if i can find the right jets for a 125, i'll probably bump it up (rsx's have been fine on 100 and 125 shots...there are people that have run 80+ bottles through and that is just with a wet kit so those first couple cylinders closest to the throttle body are taking most of the nitrous/fuel)

no timeslips but if this gives you an idea...

i spent part of the summer with my friend kyle building his motor...93 civic coupe with a built ls-vtec (weisco pistons, eagle rods, block guard, bored 20 over (btw it was 9.0:1 compression) and a maxrev turbo kit (t4) that we had to make our own intercooler piping for :rollseyes:

running at 6psi on slicks he put down a 13.2 (don't remember the mph...if anybody really cares, i can ask him next time i talk to him...but now i'm at school in ohio and he is back home in arizona so i don't get to see him) and i OWN him

also there was a guy who ran a 12.7 with an 80 shot on slicks in an rsx (not comparing that really but just to show how well this motor responds)

i know that is "ricer logic" and i have been wanting to go to the track here but nobody around here can fill my damn bottle...it has been such a pain. i havea remote bottle opener and i've been to a couple places that refill nitrous (summit and this local transmission shop) and neither have the "technology" to open a remote bottle opener

so i'm waiting on my friend to ship me the knob off the bottle...so hopefully i'll have some timeslips soon

hoping for high 12s on street tires, mid-low 12s on slicks and once i bump it up to a 125 shot really hope to poke into the 11s on slicks...of course that is after i change my brake setup so i can accept 15" wheels...the damn stock brakes only fit 16" and above (so no slicks)

next summer will hopefully come a full engine build and turbo

9. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

nice ncie i like the buttons for the tail lights haha

10. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

well it sure seems you know what you are doing :)

good luck.....don't blow anything up...i'm going through that pain right now :wtc:

11. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

When you follow the instructions of the manufacturer and don't try to boost more than they safely suggest, you will be fine. I have friends who ran nitrous for months before blowing anything up but when they did it wasn't the fault of the nitrous - OIL is your friend. Always use enough.

12. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

let's not forget about fuel :)

13. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

well nx gave me the kit with 100 shot, 150 shot, 200 shot and a 250 shot

and i'm not going to 150 without some new rods/pistons