GUN Pics of my new Glock 19

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Dec 24, 2005.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Picked it up on Thursday. Got it for $479.99 at a local retailer. I have been to the range twice with it since then and have shot about 250 rounds through it. I finally cleaned it today. Here are some pics. I still have my S&W Sigma 9mm which I may keep or possibly sell to a friend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I pulled the slide off the gun earlier to clean it, I noticed on the left side there was metal shavings of a copper color. I couldn't get a very good pic of it, but it looked as if something was rubbing along the slide rail. Is this normal for a Glock?

[​IMG]

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: excellent choice

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

that copper isnt metal shavings, its anti-sieze compound.. basically a long term storage lubricant.. you can keep it on there and let it wear away on its own, or clean it off, either way it wont hurt anything. You still have to use regular gun oil though, and don't over oil it. Glocks dont need much oil.. just a drop or two here and there.

Nice fucking gun by the way.. how you like it so far?

4. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I love it. I have can accuratly hit a target at twice the distance as I could with the Sigma. Obviously I'm new at shooting, but the way the gun feels in my hand along with the trigger feel is awesome. I noticed more of a "kick" with this gun compared to the Sigma I guess b/c its lighter and has a slightly shorter barrel?

Also, when I went to put the gun back together the slide didn't go back all the way. I had to push down on a metal plate on the rear right of the polymer assemly and then pull the slide all the way back. Is this correct? I didn't see anything about doing that in the instructions in the manual.

5. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

you should just be able to slide it on.. theres two sets of rails, one in front of the trigger guard, and one near the back..

make sure you slide the slide on from the muzzle end, over the first set of rails, and it should snap into place over the back set, you should have to pull it past the back a bit, to snap it in.

also, when taking the slide off, you barely have to push the slide back when pushing down on the slide release.. just a half a centimeter or so is fine.. dont pull it back far enough to reset the trigger.. before you take the slide off, you want to pull the trigger, so its down, not up.. (make sure its unloaded :noes: )

7. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Thats probably what my problem was. I pulled the slide back and pulled the trigger b/c i had to do that with my sigma. Thats probably why I had the problem of getting the slide back on then. I guess that metal plate had something to do with the trigger. It didn't reset the trigger though b/c when I put the slide back on the trigger stayed back until I pulled the slide back, then the trigger reset.

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

pull the trigger before you attempt to take the slide off.. then, pull the slide back just a smidgen, and push down on both sides of that slide release switch, and then slide the slide forward, off the rails.

its kinda awkward at first, but its really easy and natural after the first couple times.

9. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Just tried it in the order you stated and I didn't have to push down the metal piece in the back to get the slide back on. The only thing I had to push was the slide release.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

you dont have to push the release when putting it back on..only when taking it off..

when putting it back on, it should slide over the rails easily, and toward the back, you'll have to give it a little tug to snap it in place.