Pics of me from 2 years ago and now, and a squat vid

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Falconer, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have a fast metabolism. I started out at 5'10", 150lbs. Here's a pic of me from a few years ago after a few years of training:

I blurred out my face cuz you don't need to see my ugly mug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pretty much each 3,000-5,000 calories per day and barely gain any weight. I sweat constantly and feel like shit most of the time when I eat 5000 or more. Sometimes I get food poisoning and I lose 10-15 pounds in a week.

Here's a more recent pic. My arms suck. This is the biggest they've ever been:

[​IMG]

They don't want to get big, and when I'm not wearing a wife-beater I don't look like I've ever even seen the inside of a gym. My arms will get strong; I can do full range one-arm chins when I train for it, but they don't wanna grow.

[​IMG]

Here's another pic:

[​IMG]

My only bodypart that grows easily are my lats. I don't do much back work at all, and somehow I still have relatively big lats and can do a lot of chinups/pullups. This pic is from after a powerlifting meet a while ago after I had just done 18 chinups, so I had a pump. I think I posted that vid here a while ago.

[​IMG]

Here's a recent leg shot. I'm not wearing weird ass underwear, I just pulled the legs of my boxers up:

[​IMG]

My legs are weak as all hell. After 5 years of training I could barely squat 315 @ 170lbs (when I squated I could barely squat 95lbs). If I take a week or two off from doing squats, I lose just about all my strength (as opposed to my lats, which I never have to train and I can still do chinups all day... crazy genetics).

But at least when I squat I go down all the way:

Vid - 315 @ 170lbs <-- click

Is my form ok? Ignore the second half of the video. My camera man forgot to stop recording, I think.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

looked good before and now.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thanks. Seriously tho, I wish that when I was wearing normal clothes I looked like I had actually seen the inside of a gym. If I posted a pic of my arm sticking out of a t-shirt everyone would be like "haha u skinny ass n00b."

edit - hang on i have a pic...

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Here's a pic of me from the same day that lat pic was taken. See how my arms look like I've never even touched a weight? I hate that.

[​IMG]

5. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

hm, form looks fine to me. that was quick as hell lol, i was expecint a slow descent since you said you could barely squat 315. looks like you can squat more than that :bigthumb:

6. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

bro they definitely look like you touched a weight lol, you're actually pretty built, why the hate on yourself?

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Going down is no problem, but you can see where I almost got stuck on the way up.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I mean just my arms... not my shoulders/chest/etc.

9. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

chest looks defined, shoulders look pretty good, i think your expectations for what looks good with clothes are is way too high. not saying you're perfect, but you're definitely better than what you're saying you are.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No, they don't. Look. I have skinny guy arms:

[​IMG]

11. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

that's perfectly normal, it didn't look like you were getting stuck really, you nailed that squat easily.

12. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

hm, maybe i'm missing something here...but your arms really don't look as bad as you make them seem, they look fine and you can definitely tell you've been working out a good deal. arms are really hard to train and getting big biceps is one of the hardest parts, it's gonna take a while...how many years have you been seriously working out? i mean 3-5 days a week in the gym, good diet, do you use any supplements?

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I don't think I could've done 320. I was about a half second away from dropping it.

14. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I feel for you. I have a really similar build and hate how thin my arms look. I think you've got a good physique man. Just keep after it. You're making gains and staying lean.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I started lifting toward the end of 99 when I was a freshman in college. I don't mean to be a pussy who blames things on genetics, but when something comes up and I can't train/eat a shit ton for more than a few days, I start dropping weight and strength FAST (except in my lats and shoulders... wtf I never have to work those out even and they're still big and strong).

Supplements? I just use creatine sometimes. Sometimes I'll make shakes with N-Large2, but that's more of an MRP than a supplement. My main supplement is Papa John's pizza... heh...

16. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

hm, it looked like you nailed it easy from the video. what's your leg workout look like? not sure what to recommend...maybe there's something in the stickies, if your leg workout is fine and you have been working hard your numbers should be higher

17. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

damn that sounds like a pain in the ass man, not sure what to say...if you workout is fine and you eat right and eat lots of proteins you should be fine and seeing a lot of gains. maybe it is your genetics, do you eat a lot of proteins? you should be eating at leat 1g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight. You probably already know this but i'm just thinking of any ways to help you out incase you might have missed something...your numbers should really be higher bro, at least your leg numbers.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

When I hit that 315 I had just finished doing a month-long cycle of box squats, and then the two-three weeks after that was basically Pavel Tsatsouline's "Power to the People" program (two sets of five, five days a week, where the second set is 90% of the first set, and you increase the first set's weight by 5 every workout). Since I can't really build size, I thought I'd try a strength-only program like that (obviously the low volume and high weight is designed to build strength through neurological adaptation without adding any size).

19. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Diet and routine ?
    Fast loss of strength looks like it's because a lot of your strength is due to neural adaptation instead of muscle.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I think I just have weird genetics... my shoulders and lats are always big and I never really work them. I can do one arm chinups after a bit of specific training for them. I've done 2 or 3 full range pullups with 105lbs on a belt @ 170lbs bw, but my legs don't like to grow or get strong (kind of like my arms).

For reference, my highest bench ever is 255 x 1 @ 170lbs. Full range, proper PL form, no humping the ceiling or bouncing or anything.

21. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

hm, leg workouts 5 days a week?

so you basically do 2 sets of squats 5 days a week?

22. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

you're too hard on yourself

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

When I was going for raw strength, yeah. It builds strength pretty quickly. Two sets of 5, 5 days a week, for two weeks a time (approximately).

24. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

hm, well it is 2 sets...but most don't recommend you do more than 1-2 squat workouts a week, let along 5. then again this is a different program and i don't know too much about many programs and how they work, but i have a feeling there's better routines out there for ya. what do you work for arms then?

25. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

Rock the preacher curls. They work the Brachialis(sp?) and will put some cuts on your arms.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.