Pics of fat asian.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Atenza6i, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

I was gonna post these in a previous thread of mine, but I wanted to open it up for the rest of this forum.

Stats:

korean
    17 y/o
    5'7''
    ~224lbs

~265-275 bench
    ~365-375 squat
    ~355 deadlift

used to lift in 9th & 10th grade, stopped until winter of 12th grade, here i am now.

I am totally open to positive criticism. I respect many individuals here for their input and their knowledge, and their advice is totally appreciated. Plus, I gain a lot of motivation and tips from this forum. forgive me of my crappy photos, i've never done this before so it was really awkward to flex and take pictures. So here I go, I leave myself vulnerable to the OT F&N.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes, i know i have gynocomastia. its actually more severe than the pics show. however, its been improving since i've been slowly losing weight.

So what do you guys think? :hsd:

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

well you got some damn big calves there.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I think your lifts at least are pretty good.

4. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

holy calves batman!!
    what are your goals? are you just lifting to gain strength, or are you planning on leaning down?

5. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

HOLY FUCK CALVES lc

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

Those a pretty good numbers for high school. You can definitely tell you've got some muscle mass buried under there. There's really not much to criticize, if your goal is move big weight then you've definitely got the basis of a physique that can do that.

7. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Cut down, work hard, you will be a god damn beast.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

9. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

thanks for the immediate feedback.

yeah, people have commented on my calves, but i'll be the first to admit that in the pics they look bigger and more cut b/c of the lighting. they're big, but they dont look that cut in normal settings.

my goal? i'm not tryin to become a powerlifter, nor am i trying to become a body builder. I just want to keep myself in shape, lose fat and generally look and feel good. i've been obese most of my life since 4th grade, and i used to weigh 240 after i stopped playing football and lifting.

i'm not killing myself going on a crazy diet, crazy calorie deficit, and bustin my butt 24/7 in the gym. i just wanted to change my lifestyle so i could start eating healthier, lifting and doing cardio regularly. so far, its been helping me lose weight, have more energy, and get a few compliments here and there.

goals:

get to 200lbs by summer, some improvement on my lifts, continue the positive change in my life.

cave fish said this in one forum, in response to someone talking about how hard it is to be consistent, you said "then quit. or prove to yourself that you're better than that...and just do it" <-- that right there is my motto that i tell myself before every workout, every lift, and every temptation to binge eat and satisfy my fat desiring appetite. my metabolism is so slow. if i dont exercise, i can gain like 5lbs of fat in a week. but then again, i fight the good fight. :big grin:

thanks again guys.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  10. DB83

DB83 Guest

Great lifts man. Keep bulking hard and you'll be big in no time. Cutting could be a bit of an effort but it would be well worth it! Good luck!

11. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Oh.. you're 17? Damn mang.. you're young and you have lots of potential to do whatever you want.

12. DerekForeal

DerekForeal Diamond Member

Those are some crazy ass calfs.

13. pt

pt New Member

Thomor :mamoru:

j/k good luck man

14. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

haha wow, this is really encouraging. i thought i'd receive more responses like "haha, you're fat, you're asian, and you probably have a small penis" but this is totally contrary to what i had been expecting.

i never really work my calves other than the occasional calf raises every leg workout or so. i guess a lot of it came from being big and playing as an offensive guard for two years, and just being overweight in general.

the only thing that discourages me from lifting, no...from squatting, is my height. i keep on thinking that i have a few inches left because everyone on my mom's side is tall, although everyone on my dad's side is short. thats the only reason why i haven't been really hitting squats very hard. i just usulaly do 225x10, 3 sets, just to keep my legs in shape and to promote some muscle growth. i used to do 315x8 as a warmup back in my sophmore year.

plus, my thick quads dont help with me finding pants that fit comfortably. i wear waist size 36, but the quad/upper leg area is always so tight, and uncomfortable. meh, but thats whatever.

someone just convince me that i'm not going to grow anymore, so i can get back to hitting squats as hard as i used to. haha.

15. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

That was me who said that :p

Actually you remind me a lot of myself when I was in high school number wise, only my weight was anywhere from 240-280 in and out of season.

You've got a pretty damn good base to work with, which is a lot more than I can say about most people.

16. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

haha *fixed* thanks cavefish. a few words that have driven me more than you'd know.

17. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Males can grow up until their early 20's.. but I don't think that doing heavy squats at your age would prevent you from growing. If you were ~14, I would advise against them, but it seems like you have already expended most of your growth potential.

18. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

U definately have a solid base and lots of muscle. If you add a little cardio to the mix (I would do things like 20 mins of elipitcal etc) you could lean out quite well.
    I dont know if you ever trained olympic lifts, but I do 24's for warmup which definately increase my heart rate. (6 power pulls, cleans, deads, jump squats in a row)

Anyway, I would expect to lose a little strength and muscle if you cut down a bit in calories and increase a bit of cardio, but you got solid numbers as is.

19. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

i'm already there. i've been doing 30 minutes of elliptical trainer, keepin approx a 140bpm heart rate for the entire time. i do this after every workout, which is abotu 4-5 times a week. i've already lost about 7 pounds in 1.5 months, and this is with somewhat mild dieting. (junk food a lot less regularly, more salads with lean chicken, lots of water, 1-3 protein shakes throughout the day with 40 grams each, 6 fish oil caps daily)

20. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

although people say doing that much cardio, that often, especially after a workout, is detrimental to muscle growth, i have to find a medium between losing fat and gaining muscle. this is the balance, heh.

21. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Thats great dude. 7 pounds is a good way to go. Your balance is going to come from you diet more so than your workouts.
    Junk food is killer, as is too many calories in general. If you can cut a little more out, you will have better results, though it seems like what you are doing is working nonetheless!

:bigthumb:

22. SlowNegative

SlowNegative Her name is Rio

Cut and you will look incredible.

23. jonno

jonno New Member

i can tell you have alot of muscle on you because i was a fuck of alot fatter at 220.
    [​IMG]

24. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Dang, you actually look better than i did before i lost weight.........good luck

25. parvo99

parvo99 New Member

I looked almost exactly like that when I started. Keep working hard!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.