Pics from triathlon's that i've raced in over the past month

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Accord, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accord

Accord New Member

These are all pics taken from various triathlon's that i've raced in throughout North and South Carolina over the past month, i'm running a half-Ironman next weekend and i'm running my first Ironman on November 7th (one week after I run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just finished the open ocean swim, running to the transition area to mount my bike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just bought a new bike as well because there's no way i'm racing in an Ironman on my fuckin Cannondale CAAD9, I bought a Cervelo P2 Carbon, should be here later this week, can't fuckin wait.

Ever since I started racing in and training specifically for endurance and triathlon's i've been gaining weight and I have no idea why... I went from 189 to a solid 205 even though i'm not even lifting heavy very much anymore.

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

epic Cervelo is epic

3. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

oh and congrats on doing all those tri's!

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

nice work

5. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

that is one massive man.

6. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

that's fuckin' awesome... triathletes are in SERIOUSLY good shape

i did the malibu tri relay this past weekend (the bike portion) and was amazed at the times that some of the people were turning out doing the full marathon!

btw, what do you wear in the water/on your bike/on your run?

7. planeh

planeh Guest

my wife is running the Marine Core, its the 25th of Oct.

8. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

:bigthumb:

good luck beating the ethiopians though.

9. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

great work!

what were your times like for each segment?

10. Frazz

Frazz New Member

GREAT FUCKING WORK!

Your keeping a really bulked body for as much cario as you have to do for tris. Ive done a few and am contemplating a half ironman as well, but next sept. Its a huge time commitment not to mention the diet and mental aspect of it all you must keep. :bowdown:

Keep it up and keep us posted!

11. Accord

Accord New Member

In the swim a wetsuit is always preferred because you have virtually no drag in the water and you have a huge advantage over those not wearing them, however whether I wear my 2XU wetsuit or not completely depends on the water temperature, if it's a USA Triathlon sanctioned race (which most of them are) then the rulebook says you can only wear a wetsuit if the water temperature is below 78 degrees, so if it's below 78* then i'll wear my 2XU Elite wetsuit, if it's above 78* then i'll wear my one piece triathlon singlet like you saw in that pic of me on the beach. On the bike i'll wear the same triathlon one piece singlet I wore during the swim, a tri suit has a chamois pad in it like bike shorts but it's not as bulky or intrusive so you can still wear the same suit on the run without the pad fucking you up... you try and wear the same thing for the swim/bike/run in order to minimize your transition times. On the run I wearing the same one piece tri suit. I also wear 2XU compression calf sleeves throughout the whole race, everyone is different but I find it impossible to run a half iron distance race without them, all this high tech compression clothing works and works really fucking well, it's not like underarmor or any bullshit made by nike, reebok, adidas, etc. this compression gear made by companies like Zoot and 2XU for triathletes is incredible.

12. Accord

Accord New Member

A typical workout depending on the day is swim 3000m/bike around ~50 miles/run between 6 and 12 miles depending on what i'm doing... and then come back from that and go to the gym i'll do shit like a set of 215 lb. squats for 30 reps and then immediately superset it with 215 lb. deadlifts for 30 reps.... rest 60 seconds and repeat about 5 times. I'm not even consuming 1,900 calories a day... I have NO IDEA how i'm actually gaining weight and mass.

13. Accord

Accord New Member

for which race? lol

14. Accord

Accord New Member

I know man, I also ordered a Zipp 404 wheelset!!!!! Can't fucking wait!!!

15. knucks

knucks Active Member

how much is the bike setup costing ya

16. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

swim and 5K..

17. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

How much do you weight?

18. 0ff

0ff link OT Supporter

i'm little jogging myself. and have these mizuno wavecreation 10 shoes. in what shoes are you running ?

19. Frazz

Frazz New Member

holy shit, why are you eating so little for such a high activity level. your clearly not fat and are in fantastic shape, why such a poor diet. When i was training at my hardest (lower intensity than what your doing) i was eating upwards of 3500 a day. whats your diet??

20. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

unpossible :noes:

21. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yeah i was wondering about the chamois in the water... sitting on a wet sponge on a bike does not sound like fun :o

22. knucks

knucks Active Member

Maybe it's a thinner chamois?

23. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yeah, thinner for sure... but still... :rofl:

if it's made for triathlons, i'm sure it's fine, i just can't imagine it... nor can i imagine stripping ass naked in the transition area

24. Accord

Accord New Member

I have 3 pairs of shoes that I wear depending on the Tri, because some of the races i've done have only the first and last mile of the run taking place on pavement and everything else in between is on grass, hard packed dirt, hiking trails, etc.

I have been wearing Saucony Fasttwitch shoes which are basically like a stability racing flat, they weigh absolutely nothing. If the Tri i'm going to be racing in has a majority of the run portion on trails, then i'll wear Saucony Shay XC cross country shoes. I just bought a pair of Zoot Race 2.0's which are specifically designed for triathlon's and I love them, Zoot is the best. 99% of triathletes don't wear socks because having to put on socks or change socks after the swim and the bike just kills time in the transition area, and also having to tie your shoes wastes valuable time in transition, so some of the biggest things you need to look for is are these shoes designed for sockless running? I also replace all my shoe laces with a bungee cord and little lock thing so all I have to is throw my shoes on and tug the bungee and my shoes are tight and good for an entire race in less than two seconds. Also after you just spent anywhere from 25 to 112 miles on a bike and now you've got to run it completely changes the mechanics of how you would normally run. Zoot's are designed specifically for running after you just finished the bike portion of a tri with a carbon fiber bridge right under your arches to force a solid mid-foot strike. Running in Zoot's when you try them on at a store or just a normal run or whatever fuckin sucks! But when you run in them after you just spent 3 hours on a bike, and there is no better shoe on earth. They're designed for sockless running and come with a quick lace system built in.

25. Accord

Accord New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.