GUN Pics from my first attempt at load development

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 7, May 11, 2005.

1. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided to try out my first load today, didn't go too well :o Overall group size was 1.54". Granted I did pull my last shot and this would probably still qualify as hunting accurate but theres alot of room for improvement. I had 3 other combinations to try but it started raining so I packed everything up, then once I got inside it quit :greddy: Gun is a Browning A-bolt 7mm Rem Mag, load was 140gr Nosler Accubond, 62.0gr Reloader 22, Federal 215 primers, and Win. brass :hs:

Also I got a new rest and bags; rest is a Wichita Arms XBR1000 that's going for 99.99 (used to be $140) at Graf's & Sons. I paid the same a couple months ago and thought they were just on sale, guess they're permanently marked down. Weighs about 11lbs, definately consider these over Caldwell Rocks and other cheaper rests. Bags are Protektors, #1 and #13, very soft hand-stitched leather. Oh and I need another chair or stool, than one sucks balls. :mamoru:

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:cool: looks like fun

3. 7

Actually it's not that fun :o I enjoy the loading but the firing sucks. fouling shot, 5 rounds, clean, repeat. Also my dad has a bull in that field who is a total douchebag, he'll knock over the target if you dont watch him. :mad:

4. soccaian

soccaian New Member

i really like A-bolt's... i've always given thought to getting one in 223

5. 7

The only thing I dont like is that you can't work the bolt unless you have it off safety; a 3-position would be nice :hs: