A&P pics from barbados

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by smaug, Sep 30, 2009.

1. smaug

smaug born to lose

just got back from a week long vacation in barbados..

these were some of my "favorites" straight form the camera no pp..

any advice is much appriciated. :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture was a complete bitch to get.. needed a long exposure with my tripod on a windy beach, probably 15mph winds..
    [​IMG]

be nice :x: :noes:

2. smaug

smaug born to lose

god damn.. 32 views.. not a single response.. :wtc:

are my pics that fucking bad!?

3. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

barbados makes me think of a beach and you only gave one picture and that a dark night shot with no stars.

more pics of beach and beaches

4. alexromo

alexromo New Member

they look like cellphone pictures

5. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Night beach is kinda spooky :dunno:

6. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

pretty much.

7. smaug

smaug born to lose

holy shit..

guess i should just go back to lurking :wtc:

beach pic
    [​IMG]

ok, back to lurking..

thank for the advice :ugh:

8. Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA OT'r of the Year 2013 OT Supporter

lol people get butt hurt when no one post.

number your photos so i can identity which one I am referring too and not have to quote.

1 - cool a fucking flower. meh
    2 - Nice shoot, monkey is looking at you, but you cut off his arm and have is body
    3- head, arm, hand are all out of frame/ abruptly cropped by your framing also look is a little blurry, use rules of thirds and get on a knee and take the picture from her eye level, this may allow for more DOF.
    4 - WB is off, blurry thing in front of frame. White background is distracting, make sure you look for objects in the background before you shoot, pay attention to surrounding details
    5- again with the framing you cut off the top of the door, back up another foot and get everything in the picture.
    6. Rules of third, its awkwardly composted.

I hope this helps

9. smaug

smaug born to lose

thank you.

most of your comments deal with my framing, some of the shots were beyond my control (IE: little girl, spur of the moment thing she approached while we were eating, took out the camera to entertain her and get a pic or two.. the monkey, those little bastards didn't stay still for long.. the pool and bedroom completely my fault for not seeing it)

not getting butt hurt, just used to seeing threads with comments, just trying to improve myself with the help of others that are more advanced and have more experience.

10. havelegs

havelegs Active Member

I would say don't be scared to PP the pictures. I used to hate PP because I felt like it was cheating, but it can very helpful when you have a good shot of something but the settings were wrong. The pictures are small and I can't really see the details.

Flower pic is not bad, I would crop it so it has the rule of thirds and perhaps brighten it up a bit more and add more contrast.

Monkey needs more viberence, I would also probably crop some of that foreground away.

Girl looks like it's a bit washed out from what I can see, maybe more contrast. Good picture but try the rule of thirds here and crop it closer to her arm on the right side.

Bed, I'm not sure. Seems slightly boring. Maybe try and crop that door frame out of the picture.

The happy stoned guy is out of focus, probably because of a slow shutter speed due to night conditions. Not sure what to do here but you did capture his happiness which is important as the picture does tell a story.

Spa? not a great angle, would have gone for a more "looking into it" approach.

Beach, the angle seems boring as it only looks out to sea. I'm not sure if your main focus was on the green flowery thing or not but rule of thirds would have helped this. The highlights look over exposed but can be fixed with PP.