MIL picking a job

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by net_prophet, Jul 27, 2005.

1. net_prophet

net_prophet Tactical Texan

Well I finally going to be going to MEPS in a week or two and I'm not real ure what jobs I should be focusing on. I took the ASVAB around five years ago so I have to take it again but I scored pretty well and then did good on a practice one th other day so I think my scores are high enough for the jobs I'm looking at. Here are two that have interested me. Cryptologic Linguist Apprentice and Intelligence Applications Apprentice. Anybody know anything about these jobs or other jobs like them that I should be looking at? Would love a little advice from some who know better than I. :wavey:

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I dont know better that you but from what Ive read here and a couple of other sites I hope you can get the security clearance if thats what you really want to do bc if im not mistaken you need a secret clearance for almost anything that has the word intel in front of it. That will take a while right now because the processing agency is backlogged by several months at least so try to get that paper trail started asap if u already havent. Good luck, hope someone else can give you better advice/info

3. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Hurry up and get shipped already! :rofl:
    BTW, I will most likelybe able to make the wedding, assuming I don't suck at prototype. :bigthumb:

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

What? :wiggle:

Seriously, though... He was just asking for advice and help. If you don't want to help, you don't have to. But when someone is wanting to join and is asking advice from people who have been there already, this should be a place they can come to for answers instead of a snide reply with a link to google. See also Forum Rule #7. :squint:

5. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

6. Ranger-AO

When I see it happening all the time from one individual, I step in. And the sub-forum rules are official, enforceable by the forum mods as well as the super-mods, with Fazle's complete backing. This sub-forum is no different than any of the other sub-forums. They all have had bans handed out when people broke the rules.

I'm not saying that you are in danger of being banned. Far from it - even when you're being an ass I don't think you mean to draw blood. I'm just responding to your comment about the forum rules.

7. net_prophet

My 2 cents:
    I thought that this was a place where someone could get some great info from some great people. Not fealling it right now.

8. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven OT Supporter

What service?

9. Ranger-AO

This isn't the main forum. We created this sub-forum for a reason. If you want free-for-all, no-holds-barred, hard core, then you are always free to post up your military topics in the main forum where you will spend all of your time endlessly debating every single word.

My stand is this:
    • If someone comes here asking for advice about joining the military, we give them the best advice we have. We do not treat them like shit.
    • If another current or prior service member of the military posts in here, we give them the respect they have earned by signing up and doing their duty.
    As soon as the frequent posters in this forum decide that this is something they don't want, I will step down as Mod.

10. net_prophet

Air Force, can't believe I left that out, sorry. :hsd: