GUN Picked up my mom's handgun from the police station yesterday morning... *PICS*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CherryV8, Apr 13, 2004.

1. CherryV8

CherryV8 Guest

(This is HPS)...

As most of you know, she passed away a few months ago, and when the police found her in her apt, they found her gun under the bed and took it. I was able to get it yesterday since I was in Dallas, so I did... Now I have to offer it to her friend since thats what she wanted in her will, but if he doesn't want it, it will be Sarah's...

Bag and Ammo I got from her apt when I cleaned it out... :(
    [​IMG]

Bag I got the gun back in... :ugh2:
    [​IMG]

I didn't think they returned live ammo... :dunno:
    [​IMG]

The Gun...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-HPS

2. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

never seen that gun before

3. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

:werd: :hs:

And those dont look like JHP to me :hs:

4. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Ugh, make sure you tell your moms friend that the gun is a piece of garbage and to NOT use it for self defense. Last thing you'd want to use to protect yourself is that piece.

5. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

care to explain a little? i seriously have no idea what kind of gun that is :)

6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

It's a Jennings. Basically a gun worth about $50.00. I'd put it in the same category as Lorcin, and Hi-Point pistols.

Just crappily made, designed, put together, etc, etc, etc. I've heard more horror stories than I care to remember.

7. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

oh lord, its a jennings. my friend's first gun was a jennings 9mm that he bought on a whim (something like $130 i think). he came with me to the range one day and we shot it for the first time. biggest piece of shit ever. that was the first and last time that gun has ever been fired. you could literally throw the damn thing at your attacker and have a better chance of hitting him. we laughed our asses off the whole time at the range but $130 is a little pricey for a laugh IMHO. :hs:

8. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Yeah, I've shot the 9mm version of that, it wasn't good. It shot pretty reliably with the ammo I was using, but it pinched me. You would be better off selling it.

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

they're utter pieces of crap. sell it? i'd feel guilty for actually accepting money for that thing.

10. Rache

Rache Guest

:werd: I use my Jennings J22 as a paper weight. I had to use Aguila Supermax ammo just to get the damn thing to cycle...maybe 20 shots before a jam, the ejector doesn't work, and you have to force the empty cases out with a pushrod. I'm telling you, if it was all I had, I'd be greatful. But it's not.

11. chiadog

chiadog Guest

they fill a niche. guns that don't work.... :naughty:
    poor people deserves the right to protect themselves. albeit with a crappy gun. if thats all they could afford :dunno: at least it is not a raven. this does more damage when u throw it at the perp :squint:

12. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

For the same price as they sell these pieces of trash you could easily find an old police S&w .38 and have a fine, reliable pistol to use for defense.

13. Cool~Breeze

Cool~Breeze New Member

I bought one (9mm) on a whim as well, The 1st time I shot it, it was not very reliable, but I gave it a good cleaning and it works great. I can fire 2 boxes of rounds through it and it wont jam. I clean it very well after whenever I shoot it. It is not very accurate but I just have it incase I need a gun untill I can get my XD40