Picked up a Panasonic CQ-DF583U.. No sounds from front speakers?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rownan, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

I found this deck at Circuit City for only $130, MP3/WMA playback, remote, dual pre-outs. AWESOME deal.

Got it home, installed it. Deck sounds GREAT except it is only playing through the back speakers. I fade it completely to the front and get NO sound.

Took it out, double checked the wiring. Everything is good. I am running stock speakers all around, this is in a 1995 Nissan 240sx.

A little history, the previous deck I had came from a friend, and the front driver's side channel was fucked (made scratching sounds), so when he gave it to me I put it in and just faded the sound to the back, and have been playing it like that for the past year... So I really couldn't tell you if the front two speakers were working before I installed this deck. I KNOW they were working at one time.

So I've confirmed that the wiring is correct. My question is.. Is it possible the deck is bad and I should take it back to exchange?

Haven't put a voltimeter on it yet.. Frankly the interior of my car is far from stock and it's a BIOTCH to take apart.... So far I am loving the sounds from the back speakers.

2. CKY4800

CKY4800 New Member

I would check it with a voltmeter, and go from there.
    Also, for more sound quailty, you should really put new speaker wire in, but you dont have to. good luck

3. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

i would all but guaruntee your front speakers are blown. As for improving the sound quality by using new speaker is assinine. It won't and can't make a difference under this circumstance.

4. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

if you crossed the + and - leads after the deck was powered up you may have blown the front channels on the deck

5. Rownan

Rownan SHIFT

Nope, no wires were crossed.

Maybe I'll just pick up new front speakers. Thanks guys.