GUN Picked up a new P22 combo!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blkgs4, Dec 3, 2004.

1. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

http://www.swrmfg.com/ProductDetails.asp?ID=3
    picked up the P22 AND Omega for $375, not to mention in state transfer on a Form 4. No dealer fees and no extended wait to get it to transfer in. This is actually my 2nd screw-on .22 suppressor, can't wait for the ATF to start processing the paperwork. Hopefully this P22 will work a little bit better than my existing P22. Either way I've got some other .22s to put these babies on, which will soon include a Marvel .22 Unit 1 on a Kimber frame (can we say MOA with a handgun!) Sorry I don't normally post new stuff I pick up but for some reason I'm kinda excited about this one.
    So guys how did I do?

2. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Talk about a fun package!

3. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Yeah the one I've got has been pretty nice, but the damn thing never wants to run smooth. And I've got a couple of baffle strikes in the Tac. Inno. can so I wanted something new and this deal popped up. This should kick ass with the new 10/22 I'm building also :wiggle:

4. Triad.:

Triad.: OT Supporter

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

how is the extractor on this one? Can you actually get rounds to shoot w/o jamming?

hahaha... you can run around mini tomb raider style now with dual suppressed P22...

5. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

SATO!!!!
    whats going on man, hows the 240? bring that shit by if you've got it running.
    We'll see the guy I bought it from didn't run it much, but he said he didn't have too many FTF or anything. Yeah about running around tomb raider style, I dunno about that :ugh2: Anyways, swing by (weren't you interested in shooting a Beretta 92?, I just got my 9mm suppressor from AAC I'm running it on a 92 Vertec). Although I do need to pick up some new mags for cause the damn thing won't run with the stock mags.

6. Triad.:

Stop calling me that :rant2: :rant: :rant2: :big grin:

240 is running... Now I have to figure the interior shit (by shit i mean the damn smell and by that smell i mean the stench of someone shitting in the car :squint:)

I never know when you're in ATL. So how many suppressors you have now? 4 (2 for the p22's, one for the beretta, and one for the USP)?

Shit.... ride around on a turbo busa tomb raider style :coold:

7. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Nice, btw I don't think anyone shit in the interior:)
    7 suppressors, 2 screw-on .22s, 1 integrally suppressed bolt-action .22, 1 .223 can, 1 .30 caliber, 1 9mm can, and of course the 45 can. Of course the new .22 can is still in the transfer process and the .30 can is still in transfer. I've been seriously considering selling the Duc to pick up an M16, but that probably won't happen, because then I wouldn't be able to ride around on a Duc tomb raider style:coold:

Anyways I'll be in atlanta this whole weekend, give me a call.

8. Triad.:

Duc for a M16? Meh... I wouldn't do it unless you plan on upgrading for something else. On a side note, I snapped a chain irding home from school today. Know anyone with a truck :hs:

9. Triad.:

i see you :squint:

10. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Blk, just wanted to share this with you; I've helped many, many P22 users with this fix:

The hammer spring is wound too tight, that's the only problem that causes all of the malfunctions. Leave the hammer cocked while the P22 is in the safe. Before you know it, you'll be malfunction free.

11. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

You know I tried that a couple of months ago when (I believe it was you) had recommended it and it didn't fix the problem. I left it cocked for about 2 days at first, and then tried it, it did help a little but not too much. So I did it again for a couple more days but I was getting about the same number of malfuctions. The gun suppressed runs about 85-90%, but is slowly declining. I think I'm starting to wear the gun out actually, 95% of the rounds thru the gun have been suppressed and I think its beating it up slowly. Not to mention I've got about approx 30-35k rounds thru it and its starting to show wear on the insides. I was taking a class with it and it just performed soo horribly I just got extremely discouraged with the gun and started looking for replacements. We'll see how this new one performs, and if has problems I'll just send both of them back to S&W and try to get either a refund or replacements that actually work.

12. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Weeks, not days are needed blk. This suggestion has helped many, many users and I think that if you give it time, it will solve your problems as well. Good luck!

13. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

hmmmmm......well I didn't realize it needed that long, I guess I'll try it again for weeks this time. :bowdown: if this works.
    Thanks man