physical therapists...help me!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by -Mordecai-, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mordecai-

-Mordecai- New Member

I think i dislocated my shoulder...

well to be honest i dont know what i did

i was doing incline DB press and when i was lowering the weight my left shoulder sort of turned and buckled under the weight, i heard something like a crunch. afterwards i couldnt raise my arm up in the front at all, i thought i strained or tore my front deltoid but a few mins later i was trying to see what my range of movement was when i heard a pop at which time i got about 80% of my range of movement back. there is no intense pain just soreness and lots of discomfort when i raise my arm above my head. i think i popped something back into place but i still get the feel like something else is out of place. my best guess is thats its my rotator cuff based on what range of motion i lack. i have this feel like if i just could pop or crack something it would feel alright but i dont want to force it for fear of making it worse.

im going first thing tomorrow to the campus health center

what should i do in the mean time, how serious do you think it is? there really isnt much pain when i push or move my shoulder just soreness.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

ibuprofen, ice

health center first thing

3. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Go to the doctor, my friend had similar symptoms and thought it was his rotator cuff. Turned out to be his AC joint and he was really close to fucking things up and needing surgery.

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I'm not a PT..but I'm in school to become an assistant

i don't think you dislocated your shoulder, from what it sounds like, it definitely is the joint and you could have torn a ligament/tendon.

but since you mentioned you got around 80% of your range of motion back, it doesn't seem like you created much damage.

if it is sore, if it feels hot to the touch, use an ice pack and keep that on for 10-15 minutes and try to do some range of motion exercises (some adduction, abduction, internal/external rotation) of your shoulder.

if you think it was your muscle, use a hotpack and then range of motion exercises.

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I used to get it fairly regularly in football, it doesn't happen very often anymore. I have a feeling it's a strong anterior muscle and weak posterior, muscle imbalance from benching like a madman and not doing any back or delts for a year. Since starting rows, rear dumbell flys it doesn't happen as often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.