Physical altercation between a man and woman ...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by slickrock56, Dec 10, 2008.

1. slickrock56

slickrock56 New Member

The thread about the guy calling the cops on his girl got me thinking.

I would never hit, slap, shove, or do anything else implicitly violent to a woman. I think pretty much anyone can agree with this.

How about when an argument/confrontation turns physical in a non-violent way? Like in the thread above, many people said the guy should have grabbed the girl by the shoulders and subdued her and gotten her into the car. This is pretty risky ground.

I have 3 different scenarios in my head.

1) A man strikes a woman. Whether she fights back or not ... obviously bad.

2) A woman strikes a man. Whether its punching, slapping, clawing, hitting with an object. I would think almost any man in this situation would subdue or restrain the woman. Grabbing her wrists, removing weapons, holding her down so she doesn't hurt you or herself. This is what I would do. However, some would choose to escalate to #1 and fight back, and some would choose to just take it because its a woman.

3) A non-physical confrontation or display of force. For example, a woman is arguing with a man. He decides he has had enough and gets up to leave the premesis. She stands in his way in the doorway and continues the argument, using her "personal space" bubble to block the man's exit. The threat of an assault charge prohibits him from trying to remove her in any way. While a man could physically block the exit to a woman, this is the only power the woman has.

#1 and #2 are easy. But what would be the correct way to proceed in #3? (Do you think I've been in this situation before? :hsugh:) The fact that she is blocking his exit by way of "legal force" is no different to me from a man physically doing so. It would be very easy to barrel through the door or grab her arms and move her, but it could potentially expose you to any number of criminal charges (depending on the heat of the argument and sanity of the woman). So what to do?

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I actually had this scenario in my marriage.

I handled it (after several minutes of telling her to get the fuck out of the way) by taking my arm and shoving her to the side.

And of course, she fell down. :ughj:

From that point on, I was an "abuser".

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Ironically, Viper, your explanation of what happened is IDENTICAL to what happened with me and my ex-fiancee. She had this over exaggereted act of falling over.

Woman are something else.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I will never hit, subdue or restrain a woman. That is not honorable or considered maintaining control of yourself or the situation.

If I ever see a guy hit a woman, he better damn well be able to take a punch because I'm knocking his ass out, it is not cool to hit a woman.

But if a woman is being a bitch and blocking my exit from the situation, she can hit me, bite me, claw me, or do whatever she wants but I am moving her ass out of my way in a controlled manner so I can get thru. If she gets hurt that's her own damn fault for trying to act tougher than she really is.

But in regards to the thread you started this one about, if my girlfriend was acting like a retarded drunk thinking she was driving home, arguing with me about it, her ass is being put in the passenger seat whether she likes it or not, and I'm driving her ass home. I wont put up with that shit. And later if she doesn't like that I maintained control of the situation, she knows where the door is at, she can leave whenever she wants to. I don't put up with immature bullshit like that.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Scenario 3 happens frequently, I bet.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw, I would never hit a woman...

...unless she knowingly kicked me in the balls. Then I would punch her in the nose (hopefully, if I could pull it off in that .000001 second interval between being kicked in the balls and the unimaginable pain that follows. Realistically, I would probably just fall over and cry).

I said this to a room full of women once, and they were all "omg, you asshole, you should never hit a woman, blah blah blah" getting all uppity and righteous as if having a vagina gave them special privileges or something, but one of the chicks was like "hell yeah, I wouldn't blame you." She was cool.

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

:rofl: Sounds like a great way to find all the cool, open-minded chicks in a room...

8. slickrock56

slickrock56 New Member

I would agree. Theres not a guy out there that would think twice of getting physical with another man blocking his only exit. It's basic instincts. But when a woman does it, you have to really stop and consider the situation before you set yourself up for a lot of legal trouble.

We have such a litigious society to start with, added to the fact that domestic disputes and violence cases are weighted HEAVILY in the woman's favor nearly every time, makes for a really ugly situation.

I dated a girl who would start some extraordinary shit while I was just laying in bed trying to sleep trying to ignore her, to the point where she would be egging me on and taunting me to just get up and leave - only to leap out of bed the instant I got up and block the doorway with her she-devil presence and continue to berate me for "trying to run away". That was the worst feeling in the world - wanting more than anything to get my ass out of there and leave the situation before I REALLY got heated and did something stupid - but not willing to risk a physical confrontation and all the real or imagined bullshit that came with it.

After probably the third time that happened (I know, there should not have even been a 2nd time) I had a moment of clarity where I realized ... this has GOT to be the exact feeling that causes a nice-guy, wouldn't hurt a fly, previously loving husband to put his wife through a wood chipper, ziplock the remains and mail them to her family.

9. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

most places have at least two exits. i'd use all my fantasy football skills to juke her and make way for one of the exits. like "run" to the 2nd exit, when she tries to dash towards it to block me, i pivot and head towards the 1st exit, letting her run herself right out of the play.

when i've found myself in those situations, i sometimes goof around and get her to relax. although, i have gone ninja commando and escaped through a window before.

it all depends on the girl really, some you can get to calm down, others you need to escape, and so forth. if it got really bad, i suppose i could be the one to call the police and tell them that i'm being held against my will if i really really didn't want to touch her.

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:eek3: you were engaged

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw, any girl who does #3:

Red flag. Auto-dump. We're talking mental instability here. There is no possible good aspect to her personality that can override doing #3.

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

About 4-5 years ago I lived with my girlfriend of 3 years. Things were always great, no weird signs from her, no shitty situations. She came home one day from lunch with a friend (she had a few drinks in her) and we got into an argument about something stupid and I said I was going to leave until she calmed down. As I was leaving she punched me, slapped me and then went to kick me in the nuts. I put my hands out and when her foot hit my hands she lost her balance, fell and broke her wrist. I left. She called the police. I was charged with domestic assault.

Up to this day I had never realized how touchy of a situation it is for a domestic assault. I was arrested at work in front of my co-workers and customers. I was processed and thrown in jail. I spent 4 days there until I gave in and called my Dad to bail me out. I ended up pleading guilty (2 girls words against mine) and received a short jail term, a huge fine, 16 weeks anger-management counselling and 32 weeks spousal abuse counselling.

Not once did anyone want to hear my side of the story until I got to court. Even the judge didn't seem interested in hearing what happened.

No man should ever lay a hand on a woman unless his life is at risk. It's not worth the charge that you could possibly get.

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

One of my closest friends slapped his ex. And she called the cops.
    Thing is though, she actually used to often physically abuse him and always threatened to call the police on him. She knew he had an 'ambigious' status in the country at the time and was afraid of getting deported. Anyhow, the last time she whipped him with the buckle end of a belt and he warned her if she was to do so again, he'd strike her. She did so and he hit her. Thankfully when they arrived the police actually used their eyes and brains for a change. They saw all the marks on him and none on her and asked him if he wanted to press charges. He just said he wanted to collect his things and leave.

14. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Meh.

I wouldnt go for the face. Open chest....or since you are on your way down a shot to the kidneys.

Too many people like to go for the face in fights. The nose is a good place, but that simply subdues the attacker and if it someone who you are not intending to scar for life, giving someone a deviated septum is not the way to go. The rest of the face does little at the moment (later it will hurt) unless you are strong enough to brake jaws or crumple temples. Again, if you arent looking to scar them for life and have a lawsuit on your hands, stay away.

As for the scenario. If she blocks the exit, take another. If she persists. Grab her by the arm pits and move her to the side. If you cant do that, date smaller women you fattie lover.

15. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

truth of the matter is that #3 is pitting your pride against your fear.

if you act out of pride, you will move her out of the way because you won't let her have her way be it a bluff or not.

if you act out of fear, you will explore any and all options to avoid her acting on her threat, which can mean finding creative ways to diffuse or escape the situation. it also can mean giving in and letting her have her way.

16. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

I've known people in similar situations. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the other thread, and why it's not a good idea to forcefully put someone in the car.

No, they will not look at you as the hero for keeping her from driving drunk, they will most likely look at you as the perpetrator.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

#3's a bitch.

I seriously almost lost my job over this one. Note to everyone: your office buildings security is not there to get your girlfriend off of you when she flips out. your only legal recourse, after more then a bit of thought, is that you are a faster runner then she is and the place has two exits. ie: you are completely fucked.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

you won't have a door in jail.

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl: :wtf: I know. But then again I would probably know ahead of time if the girl who kicked me in the nuts was a martial arts master or not.

:bowrofl: oh shit that's the funniest thing I've read on OT all day :bowrofl:

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I have sort of got an idea in my head of how I would treat a confrontation with a woman:

If she pushes me, I wouldn't do anything.

If she hits me, I will probably grab her, shake her, or push her.

If she kicks me, I will hit her.

If she starts wailing on me, I am giving her a fucking beat down.

Girl or no girl, jail or no jail.

Possessing a vagina does not give you unaliable rights to never be hit or used physical force against.

Then again, this all sounds good in my head, but realistically I would probably only use physical force if she were to start wailing on me. I'm the kind of guy that it takes a LOT to get me angry, but when you do make me angry, look out. :dunno:

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I bet in the 1950s this shit wouldn't have flown. Chick starts shit. Dude smacks her. End of story.

22. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I vote option #4: During sex.

23. razi

razi New Member

Instead of hitting her in the face, leaving marks, and getting busted for abuse, kick her in the junk right back. No obvious marks plus the embarassment of receiving a cunt punt.

Always be the first to call the authorities. You get your side heard and on-record, plus the responders are more likely to sympathize with you.

24. THoC

THoC New Member

ive never hit a woman in my life. ive been slapped and laughed it off, walked away. ive had to restrain a girl before.

however i cannot say that if a woman started punching that eventually after trying to restrain her that i would not hit her to simply knock her ass out.

i get tired of all this guys saying they would never hit a girl no matter what. just bc she is a woman does not mean that she can get away w. doing what she wants.

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:bowrofl: