phrases that turn you off

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, May 21, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

This has come up on more than a few occasions with more that one partner... are there certain words/phrases that just sort of immediately turn you off?

Last night I came home after being out of town for almost 2 weeks, so of course the boyfriend and I were making up for lost time with some one on one sexy time. I don't know if he was too excited that I was finally home and he got nervous or what, but he started saying these really cheesy (well in my opinion cheesy) lines like "you're blue eyes always seem to sparkle" and somehow calling my vagina "beautiful". He said 3 of these phrases within about a 10 minute window and it just totally turned me off. Basically after that I Just couldn't get into it, and had to postpone our love making until today (which was amazing X 10)

I know he was probably just saying things he thought were "sweet" but when I'm in the :naughty: mood, I don't want to hear adorable little compliments about my eyes and/or any other body part. I'd honestly rather him say something dirty than sweet at that point.

Does this happen to you guys, and if so what kind of words/phrases turn you off?

2. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

He said you have a beautiful vagina and it turned you off? Sounds like you have some issues.... honestly though.. relaaaaax.. maybe its the way he said it and not what he said, made him seem desperate.

3. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I understand. I dont like comments like the eyes one either and if he is going to say something about having a beautiful vagina I would rather him say beautiful pussy, I am thinking because it sounds more dirty. Should just shut him up with your mouth instead of letting these line pop out haha. I don't think you have issues. Different people like different things.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

nothing off the top of my head, if someone got really excited by my eyes i would just think :bigthumb: and proceed

maybe it was the delivery and tone that bothered you more than the words :dunno:

5. fray

fray New Member

I know what you mean, although I can't think of any right off the top of my head. Often, it's because I think it sounds cheesy and it doesn't sit right. Sometimes it's delivery - my boyfriend has this one creepy guy voice he'll do (on purpose) and he'll say things that should be sexy, but instead it just grosses me out.

6. Sagara

Sagara New Member

Something like "Hey, say something dirty to me..."

like wtf :ugh:

7. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

One prankster friend enjoys messing with his girl when having sex by purposely saying/doing stuff that generally would be big turnoffs for most people. Like farting very loudly, suddenly making a big farm animal sound while fucking (ex: "mooooo"), or say a nonsensical sometimes mildly disturbing sentence out of nowhere. I think he loves to get the "wtf?" kind of reaction out of people.

But he's very physically attractive so it usually doesn't matter. He gets his laugh by weirding out the girl, and still gets good sex.

8. JohnJohnJohnson

"You can do whatever you want to me." (i.e., I have X random extremely kinky fantasy probably involving a whip and rattlesnakes, please psychically know this and perform it for me)

However, I've realized that I can get out of that one by saying, "I want to make soft, sweet love with you." And laugh at the :ugh: response

9. sapient

sapient New Member

Rofl @ previous two replies.

I had a fwb once that would talk about how depressed she was with her life and being single right after sex. Ladies, this does not get your man ready for round two.

10. fray

fray New Member

if there is a moment where my bf could do something sexy or do something funny, he will choose hilarity 99% of the time. :(

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:mamoru: You sound a little like me. However, it would not turn me off enough to stop the sex!

I have a problem taking compliments and my bf and I don't tend to say really "lovey" things in general, so I'm willing to bet if he said that out of somewhere I'd think it was sweet but kinda go :hsugh: and possibly even joke on him.

Give him a break though. He loves you and most likely wasn't even being cliche, just was overcome with emotion and said whatever popped in his head. At least he thinks your vagina is beautiful :dunno::mamoru:

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Actually, that is one phrase I can''t stand. I would be totally put off if my bf said "lets make love." I don't know what it is it just sounds soooo cheesy it drives me nuts. I even hold back laughter when I hear it in movies and TV :dunno:

13. kiri

kiri New Member

i can't think of anything that would immediately turn me off completely, but i think it'd be pretty bad if he used explicit, anatomical terms for things like "oh kiri, i'm putting my penis in your vagina now. oh god your vaginal muscles are contracting onto my penis i want to ejaculate the semen!!!"

sorry i'm retarded :rofl:

14. iwishyouwerebeer

That made me laugh and then feel uncomfortable just thinking about it!

15. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

That sounds exactly like one of those "mildly disturbing" lines my prankster friend would intentional say during sex!

16. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:mamoru:

17. JohnJohnJohnson

i've said "i want to make love with you," many, many, many times

18. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I'm surprised to hear all these women in here saying they are put off by compliments...?

Which totally is making sense as to why nice guys have a hard time getting laid... they compliment women and it turns them off... very interesting.

If that is the case why does it seem that society tries to raise boys to compliment women and be nice to them... when it would be more advantageous to say dirty things to them so they get turned on.

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

When my girl refers to "making love," sometimes I say "Make love? That's boring - let's fuck!"

or "You can make love - I'm gonna fuck."

She pretends to be offended but great sex generally ensues.

I never say anything cheesy but I often say dirty things while we are fucking. I didn't use to be comfortable with this, but once you get the hang of it, most women really like it.

If you aren't sure what to say, describe in graphic detail what's going on. "I'm fucking that wet pussy with my throbbing hard cock." Stuff like that.

In my opinion, its a sexual turn-off for women when a man gets sappy and cheesy (as mentioned in the original post).

I think women like to hear sappy romantic stuff from time to time, but right before fucking is not the time for this in my opinion.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: I know I have nice eyes. I know I have a nice smile. There are ways that men say this that just seem cliche and thoughtless. It's as if they heard in a romantic movie "your eyes are as blue as the ocean." Yeah, if I heard that out of nowhere I would probably laugh because it's not original and more than likely a guy is saying some kind of compliment only in hopes he will gain something from it (i.e. sex).

Now my bf for example will onlly occasionally see me and go "wow, you look great" and I can actually see that he is genuine. The fact that he doesn't say it all the time makes it special. I dated a guy once that you would call a "nice guy," I would refer to him as a needy pushover. He was as sweet as can be but he got on my nerves because he would compliment me constantly. Every time he saw me he wouldn't just make one statement about how he thought I looked good, he would stare at me and go on and on about it. Or stare at my eyes silently and then talk about how beautiful my eyes were, etc, etc, etc, It just gets old is all.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

that's right, yail.

R
    eal Men Copulate Dispassionately.

you must have read that from the Frat Boy Locker-Room Manifesto.

thank god i have my father to look up to who on the one hand intimidated the fuck out of chodes and amogs alike, and then on the other was outspoken about his romantic feelings towards the various women he (very) successfully pursued.

actually that was true even in his senility. apparently one night he approached his aide and said, "I care for you, why are we sleeping in separate rooms!?" :bowdown:

imo it just depends on the individual. some girls will respond poorly to direct emotional engagement and can only tolerate impersonal fucking. some girls will get wet for that kind of directness.

although honestly i think it's more about the delivery than the girl. you can say these sorts of things in as macho a way as you like, depending on the tone.

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

JJJ, I understand where you are coming from here. Only knowing me online, I can see how you get these ideas about me.

Its funny that you mention "Dispassionately."

I don't know if you are into astrology (I am). My sun sign is Leo. A fire sign.

I don't know HOW to copulate dispassionately. I'm OVER THE TOP passionate, its part of who I am.

The passion isn't verbal, its completely non-verbal.

I fuck my girl 9 times for every 1 time we "make love," this is true. But its NEVER impersonal, and NEVER lacks passion.

I forget sometimes that not everyone is like me in this regard.

I believe that woman enjoy making love, but most of the time they would rather GET FUCKED. Or a combination of both would probably be ideal.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

o rlly. I'm a leo too. :h5:

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

his timing was for shit