PHP Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexual Vanilla, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

How can I create a function in PHP, such as validateCC($ccnum) (which basically takes a number and randomly returns "approved" or "denied") to be used by all scripts? The function works fine in the script where I declared it, but I would like all scripts to have access to it, so that in any script, I could simply type validateCC($variable) and it would return approved or denied. Is this even possible?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

3. Sexual Vanilla

4. Sexual Vanilla

It works, but the include statement appears to have the unintended side effect of actually displaying the page you're including. I didn't necessarily want this, I just wanted access to the function that was within the page. Either that, or I'm implementing it wrong. :hs:

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're implementing it wrong. Your functions should be members of a class, and the class should house nothing but code to process. Display should be handeled independently.

Do not use the "include" statement for this. You want the "require_once();" Option. You want it to fail if it can't use the included file, and you only want it once, not more than once (that will throw an error).